Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Have you started planning for next year?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM
  • 27 Replies

I keep thinking that I should start planning some curriculum for next year.  But not sure, since this last half has been the start of our homeschooling experience.  I am hoping my schedule changes some, so I can have more flexibility with him and his work.  My husband has been great on that this year, and I feel like I am neglecting my duties since it was me who pushed to do this.  

Does anyone know of some fun interactive history and science programs for middle school age?  Right now we have barely touched it since we have been hs - and I know he loves those two subjects.  We have been really hitting Language since that is his weak point.  Would love to get him caught up in that subject, so any advice would be appreciated!  

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:43 PM

i dont start planning for next year till july

what about movies for history? have him choose an era and look for  movies and books for that era

lists of books for history  http://www.heritage-history.com/www/heritage.php?Dir=books

http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/history.htm

rebeccasmly
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I have but mainly just considering what curriculum from the older kids I can use on the younger. And things I already know I need to buy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I am and I can't make up my mind!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I have all my curriculum picked out and were buying one subject a month, so we should have everything purchased by July.

ablessedlife
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I've been buying for next year. I have almost everything and some stuff is still in the mail.
QueenCreole313
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Nope, too busy trying to get through this month! 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Why not combine his Language and his History together?  Use the History towards his Language. Have him act out his History lesson through verbal Language. Asking him pertinent questions along the way so that you know he is comprehending the lessons. 

lucsch
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Yes, we actually just finished our curriculum for 4th grade.  I usually work on buying bits and pieces of our curriculum used 2 years ahead, so next year's is ready to go. In fact, the next year's is in a box in the closet, and I am collected already for the year after. I have math through 7th grade.

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Lol we aren't even starting until June and I've already got all our books, supplies and lessons in my planner written in (pencil) lol. I'm sure the following year won't be as organized
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CJsMommy040506
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Yes I've picked everything out, just need to wait on the tax refund to order everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)