Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Have you started planning for next year?

Posted by   + Show Post

I keep thinking that I should start planning some curriculum for next year.  But not sure, since this last half has been the start of our homeschooling experience.  I am hoping my schedule changes some, so I can have more flexibility with him and his work.  My husband has been great on that this year, and I feel like I am neglecting my duties since it was me who pushed to do this.  

Does anyone know of some fun interactive history and science programs for middle school age?  Right now we have barely touched it since we have been hs - and I know he loves those two subjects.  We have been really hitting Language since that is his weak point.  Would love to get him caught up in that subject, so any advice would be appreciated!  

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
earthy_dragon
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Thank you ladies for all the great things to look at.  I will be working on that tomorrow.  =)  

almondpigeon
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM

i'm loosely planning.  haven't ordered anything yet.  my biggest worry is whether or not to start my 4yo in kindergarten or not.  i know it's not a big deal, really...if he's not ready, we'll just ease up on the lessons, but it's driving me nuts worrying about it.  i usually don't actually order supplies until late summer. 

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I am nearly finished buying everything for next year.  I am headed to an Abeka meeting tomorrow to order the rest of our stuff (stuff I couldn't find on Ebay or anywhere else).

I use our tax money to buy so I have to start planning in February.

coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I know what we are doing b/c we are going to use the same company for next year that we used this year.  We purchase new curric in 3 weeks, and I am SO excited.  I can't wait for it to get here so I can look through it ALL.  I swear it is like Christmas for me.  LOL

MonkeyPeanut79
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I actually bought everything about a month ago. I used Sonlight for this year but I wanted to change so I pieced together my own curriculum. I'm nervous about it but I researched and researched and researched some more and I'm pretty happy with all my picks!

LostInLove2002
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Not sure I can be of much help with the latter of your post but in response to the first ...

YES! I'm so excited too. (can ya tell?)  I've decided to use a new curriculum Switched on Schoolhouse! My son is going into 6th grade. Because of the ladies out here I've learned a lot about differing types of education.

I have found a PROGRAM that has games and such on it that work with the subject matter. It's mastery type. Something my son needs. It can be set up by me to give him so many chances to get the work correct and to even make him redo the work he missed to better insure that he learns it. :)  I'm stoked!

AND they even have a spanish program for his age group.

I hope you find answers. These ladies are wonderful and FULL of ideas.

LostInLove2002
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:55 AM

What grade level do you need?

Quoting starbeck96:

I am nearly finished buying everything for next year.  I am headed to an Abeka meeting tomorrow to order the rest of our stuff (stuff I couldn't find on Ebay or anywhere else).

OakesMama
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I typically start planning right before tax season.

gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Yes, I am a big planner so I'd love to have it all mapped out already, but it's slow moving and I'm still working out details for this year since we started homeschooling much sooner then I thought we ever would due to other circumstances.  

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM

1st and 10th

I was blessed that our pastor's wife gave me all of the teacher's stuff for free.  I was able to buy 2 workbooks for my 1st grader on Facebook and I was able to buy all but two subjects for the 10th graders (twins). 

I still have to get U.S. History for my 10th graders, but I am hoping to buy it ebay.

Quoting LostInLove2002:

What grade level do you need?

Quoting starbeck96:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)