Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FREE resources for home schooling moms - PLEASE ADD YOURS!!!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 5 Replies

So next year is my first year to hs the kids and after meeting with my daughter's 3rd grade teacher I've gotten some knowledge. She said don't waste money on textbooks, you won't use them. Then she showed me some of the following links and I've managed to find a few of them on my own from what she showed me. I didn't see a thread like this, but I didn't look real hard LOL. This is just to respond to someone's reply to a different post mentioning these resources. Here's what I've got, and I look forward to checking out anything you're willing to share!

the state of Texas has it's curriculum posted here:

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index2.aspx?id=6148&menu_id=720&menu_id2=785

(let's me know where my kids should be currently and what to plan for next year)

K - 5 lessons and curriculum and you can go so much as picking individual lessons or as broad as the entire 36 week plan FREE

http://www.lessonpathways.com/Pathways

Unit studies (she's trying to sell her "checklist" but has a lot of ideas and lessons)

oklahomahomeschool.com

This one has unit studies, printables, just check the blue links on the right side!

newbeehomeschooler.com

I've found a discount book site but those seem common (textbooks here are as little as 3-5 $ each and aren't ancient)

textbooks.com

More printables here

edhelper.com

The one thing I don't have a plethora of is teacher supplies/ school's supplies. I did find this link but only because we have this store just 15 miles away so won't have to pay shipping. I would be really interested if anyone has found one that's more "discount" priced because things here are not. But I am needing the more costly items - like a science lab. Since I won't be paying out the ears in books and a pre-planned curriculum I really want to splurge on these types of things.

mardel.com

OK that's a lot of what I have. I do have a few others but they are really just duplicates of stuff above just different topics for lessons.

The other piece of advice she gave me was to simply google such and such worksheet, like symmetry or whatever and you'll get lots of things. I know it's a lot more work this way versus opening a box set but I prefer the idea of catering to my kids' unique interests and needs while still covering what I want. My printer might get annoyed with me LOL but for what I would spend per year on 3 different grade levels for box sets (not to mention doing school one on one means covering way more material than the typical grade level has I'd probably need 3 school years box sets for every 2 years of homeschool...well I can get a whole lot of print cartridges and paper for that price :P

Thanks in advance for sharing!

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
IntlMom12
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Here is a list that I acquired via FB.

Allinonehomeschool.com/how-to-use-this-curriculum/

Education.com

Homeschoolshare.com

Unitstudy.com

Evan-Moore.com

Amblesideonline.org

ABCTeach.com

GuestHollow.com

TeachersPayTeachers.com

WriteShop.com

http://www.layers-of-learning.com/

Starfall.com

EnchantedLearning.com

Carmen
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 NKJ

romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM

The Home School Legal Defense Association has some articles on Dual Enrollment

oredeb
by debbie on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:52 PM

i forgot how old are your kids?

oredeb
by debbie on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM

hi westtx, heres a bunch i use all ages in some kinda order!haaha

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079/forums/read/14865498/Resources

westtxmomtobe
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM

11 yo in 5th this year, 9 yo in 3rd, and 4 yo in head start

Quoting oredeb:

i forgot how old are your kids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)