Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

do you ever get "burnt out" on homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post

one of my biggest hangups on homeschooling is that as exciting as it sounds right now im scared to death if i go for it that i'll be into it for like 2 months or so and then be "so over it". what if i lose my motivation and then my kids have to suffer because "mommy can't get on the ball with things" ? does that kind of stuff happen? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (21-22):
Walnutgrovefarm
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM

When we get burned out we take some time off whether a week or just a couple of days. Always feeling better when we get back into the "school" mode. Sometimes it's just changing our day up for awhile doing things differently or doing our sit down work somewhere else in the house.

coala
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I usually start feeling "burnout" when I am getting sick.....here I am currently feeling burnout.  We have had an OVERSCHEDULED month.  I honestly couldn't help it.  My kids are feeling it as well.  I am trying to get them through the rest of this week and we will have ALL of next week off.  I have even tried lessening the load for my oldest and she is taking advantage of it by producing work that my 4 yo can do.....in the writting department.  We all go through this and some of us take it in stride and others not so much.  I currently have a 7 yo having a temper tantrum b/c she has been asked to redo the work from yesterday that I can't hardly read.  She is feeling the burnout as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)