Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is anyone here a lawyer? Need legal help.

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
I am looking for help with probate court. It's wayyy to long to write in a post but looking for someone to help me with this. If makes a difference i live in CT.
Thank you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Aww >> I am not a lawyer.  Is this about homeschooling though?  Have you checked with your local lawyers around town and ask if they do hardship cases? 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Here's a bump, hon.
mommytobooger
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
No I haven't thought of that. Thank you! I'm making phone calls now.
Thanks again.

Quoting kirbymom:

Aww >> I am not a lawyer.  Is this about homeschooling though?  Have you checked with your local lawyers around town and ask if they do hardship cases? 

JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I am a lawyer, but I live in CA (and I don't do probate in any event).  My suggestion to you is to call your local bar association.  At least here in CA the bar associations have lawyer referal services: they have lists of lawyers who handle certain types of cases.  They may also be able to give you information about attorneys or organizations that might be able to help you pro bono.  It's unlikely for something like probate, but you can always ask.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I can't help, but here's a bump.  Good luck!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM

That was what I was trying so hard to remember last night! And could not! lol 

Quoting JKronrod:

I am a lawyer, but I live in CA (and I don't do probate in any event).  My suggestion to you is to call your local bar association.  At least here in CA the bar associations have lawyer referal services: they have lists of lawyers who handle certain types of cases.  They may also be able to give you information about attorneys or organizations that might be able to help you pro bono.  It's unlikely for something like probate, but you can always ask.

mommytobooger
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for the help ladies!
JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep.  That's why we go to law school: we learn all that fancy Latin stuff.... LOL. 

Quoting kirbymom:

That was what I was trying so hard to remember last night! And could not! lol 

Quoting JKronrod:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN