Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

...... What would you like to study for your lessons?                        

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I think I could do a job like that. But, sometimes statistics get me bogged down by the very technicality of it. 

Quoting RockEducation:

Quoting kirbymom:

Wow. Talk about being technical. :)   You like digging for answers then, right? ")  

Quoting RockEducation:

Forensic Pathology

If something interests me, I will dig and dig. Definitely would be fascinating. In a lot of instances, you would be helping family members find out what happened to their loved ones. So, that would also be a positive. I use to work around blood/surgical all the time, so that wouldn't deter me.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I have an interest in all of those but I would rather stick with the history. Especially the history you are studying. 

Quoting No_Difference:

History. Good thing that's what I'm going to school for lol ;) Not American history tho...I'm focusing on early European history, and then later it will be "ancient history" but with more of a focus on the Middle Ages.

I also love anthropology - all the diferent branches of it :)
I wouldn't mind studying more on infectious diseases either. (weird...I know...)

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM
To learn about how criminal minds work-profiling.
I've meet a few people in that department and even had lunch one time with Dr. Henry Lee.

Quoting kirbymom:

Ummm, how does that work exactly? I think I have an idea but I am not sure. 

Quoting mamamedic69:

Forensic psychology.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, that is what I thought. That is definitely an interesting line of work. To get in the minds of people and figure out why they do the things they do. I love to analyze.

Quoting mamamedic69:

To learn about how criminal minds work-profiling.
I've meet a few people in that department and even had lunch one time with Dr. Henry Lee.

Quoting kirbymom:

Ummm, how does that work exactly? I think I have an idea but I am not sure. 

Quoting mamamedic69:

Forensic psychology.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I love maps, geography, and culture.  I could look at an atlas for hours.  Many times my kids catch me intently looking at the globe.  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

lol >> I do that but only when I am trying to plan my ultimate dream vacation. :)  

Quoting irvinehiker:

I love maps, geography, and culture.  I could look at an atlas for hours.  Many times my kids catch me intently looking at the globe.  

OFIH
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I would love to study anything in the field of helping children with similar special needs that my sons have. Sensory occupational therapy, DAN practitioner (but I am not a doctor, so that would be a TON of education), Speech Language Pathology with a sensory bend so I could provide top quality feeding therapy, and so on. My kids have ignited my passion for learning.

OFIH - Controller of chaos, laugher at children's antics, creator of messes, lover of God.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I have had that happen to me so many times. It is so amazing what we adults learn when we starte learning with our children. :)  

Quoting OFIH:

I would love to study anything in the field of helping children with similar special needs that my sons have. Sensory occupational therapy, DAN practitioner (but I am not a doctor, so that would be a TON of education), Speech Language Pathology with a sensory bend so I could provide top quality feeding therapy, and so on. My kids have ignited my passion for learning.

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm actually hoping to apply for Midwifery school next year.

ripemango
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:03 PM

foreign language immersion :)

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)