Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

...... What would you like to study for your lessons?                        

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Replies (31-40):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM

NBC used to have a show on FBI profilers. They have a lot of tedious detail work they have to do.  But still interesting anyways. :)  

Quoting KickButtMama:

Oooo, me too! I want to be an FBI Profiler!

Quoting mamamedic69:

Forensic psychology.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Oooooooooohh >> Those are so deep!  And quite informational too I might add. :)  Did you know that in Quantum math, the Einstein thoery is thrown out?

Quoting katinahat:

Quantum mechanics! It's SO fascinating :) Or immunology. I've been reading quite a bit about that lately.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I love history! It was my favorite subject in school.  Math was my weak point. :)  But not any more as my kids and my hubby have taught me so much through the years. 

Quoting AllThatBabyJazz:

History. It was my weak subject in scchool but I'd love to learn more. 

ripemango
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:56 PM

few months to a year i'd assume.

Quoting kirbymom:

How long does that take?  

Quoting ripemango:

foreign language immersion :)

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I first got interested when I was working as a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor with the WIC program. I met so many women who had questions not just about breastfeeding but birth too.

So I did a lot of teaching about birth, and one day I was venting about how our low income mothers don't have many natural birth options and how it frustrated me. My boss (who is a midwife) asked me if I had thought about becoming a midwife so that I could be one of those options.

It felt like something clicked inside me when she said it.

Quoting kirbymom:

I've thought about that muself atime or two. :)  What sparked your interest? 

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

I'm actually hoping to apply for Midwifery school next year.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I love when that happens. I can't wait for that to happen with my kids. :) 

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

I first got interested when I was working as a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor with the WIC program. I met so many women who had questions not just about breastfeeding but birth too.

So I did a lot of teaching about birth, and one day I was venting about how our low income mothers don't have many natural birth options and how it frustrated me. My boss (who is a midwife) asked me if I had thought about becoming a midwife so that I could be one of those options.

It felt like something clicked inside me when she said it.

Quoting kirbymom:

I've thought about that muself atime or two. :)  What sparked your interest? 

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

I'm actually hoping to apply for Midwifery school next year.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM

How indepth is it? 

Quoting ripemango:

Quoting kirbymom:

How long does that take?  

Quoting ripemango:

ripemango
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I was being more tongue in cheek than anything else. However, I think a year would be better than just a few months. Generally, it just means moving to a foreign country and absorbing the culture and language by being thrown in the deep end so to speak. I was recently presented with the opportunity to go to Turkey for 2 months. My flight, food, and living expenses would have been paid for but not my daughter's or husband. It's probably why I brought it up because it has been on my mind. I've been wrestling with a way to make it happen. It's a great opportunity and I would love it for my family, we just cannot swing it. We'd be out $4500 worth of income and somehow have to come up w a way to pay for DD and DH's flight and whatever extra it would cost for them to live over there for those 2 months too.

I'm sorry if I led you astray w my post.

Quoting kirbymom:

How indepth is it? 

Quoting ripemango:

Quoting kirbymom:

How long does that take?  

Quoting ripemango:

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Oh NO! You didn't lead me astray. :)  I am totally interested in doing the same thing for the same reasons too. :)  I think that is such a great idea.  We couldn't swing it either for the same reasons. ( people would just be too much to try and come up with. :)   If this was an astray, then it was a good one. :)) 

Quoting ripemango:

I was being more tongue in cheek than anything else. However, I think a year would be better than just a few months. Generally, it just means moving to a foreign country and absorbing the culture and language by being thrown in the deep end so to speak. I was recently presented with the opportunity to go to Turkey for 2 months. My flight, food, and living expenses would have been paid for but not my daughter's or husband. It's probably why I brought it up because it has been on my mind. I've been wrestling with a way to make it happen. It's a great opportunity and I would love it for my family, we just cannot swing it. We'd be out $4500 worth of income and somehow have to come up w a way to pay for DD and DH's flight and whatever extra it would cost for them to live over there for those 2 months too.

I'm sorry if I led you astray w my post.

Quoting kirbymom:

How indepth is it? 

Quoting ripemango:

Quoting kirbymom:

How long does that take?  

Quoting ripemango:

Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I'd like to do the interpreter program for ASL. The schools close to me only have two year ASL and I'm beyond that. The only school that goes higher only offers it within the interpreter program and is an hour away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN