Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

...... What would you like to study for your lessons?                        

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Replies (41-50):
katinahat
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:58 PM

They really are interesting. Honestly, it's what I do with most of my free time lol-- read up on random topics from .edu sites, studies, and articles. I figure that I should never stagnate in my lifelong education.
Which Einstein theory do you mean? Einstein definitely didn't agree that the Heisenburg uncertainty principle was an integral part of physics (surprise, thank you quantum!), but I'm not sure which of his theories you're referring to as being thrown out.

Quoting kirbymom:

Oooooooooohh >> Those are so deep!  And quite informational too I might add. :)  Did you know that in Quantum math, the Einstein thoery is thrown out?

Quoting katinahat:

Quantum mechanics! It's SO fascinating :) Or immunology. I've been reading quite a bit about that lately.

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa

lucsch
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by the question. Do you mean what do I want to study with my daughter? or just for  my own learning? I'm constantly studying subjects that catch my interest.

If I could study something in depth with my daughter, ignoring other subjects without getting behind, it would be music. I actually was planning to go back to college to study it when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter 10 years ago. LOL

Well, at least my 20yo is studying music in college. Vicariously I can enjoy it. LOL

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Languages...I really enjoy learning them. I studies Spanish with DS1 for a few years.

The younger two are learning ASL and I've been studying on my own to teach them.

DS1 just started learning Japanese and I am trying to resist jumping into that as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Oh, I'm sorry. I should have put that in my post. It is his theory of          E=MC squared.  His theory just doesn't work out when applied to quantum math. 

Quoting katinahat:

They really are interesting. Honestly, it's what I do with most of my free time lol-- read up on random topics from .edu sites, studies, and articles. I figure that I should never stagnate in my lifelong education.
Which Einstein theory do you mean? Einstein definitely didn't agree that the Heisenburg uncertainty principle was an integral part of physics (surprise, thank you quantum!), but I'm not sure which of his theories you're referring to as being thrown out.

Quoting kirbymom:

Oooooooooohh >> Those are so deep!  And quite informational too I might add. :)  Did you know that in Quantum math, the Einstein thoery is thrown out?

Quoting katinahat:

Quantum mechanics! It's SO fascinating :) Or immunology. I've been reading quite a bit about that lately.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:47 PM

The question could go either direction, actually. 

What type of music, anything in particular?  

Quoting lucsch:

I'm not sure what you mean by the question. Do you mean what do I want to study with my daughter? or just for  my own learning? I'm constantly studying subjects that catch my interest.

If I could study something in depth with my daughter, ignoring other subjects without getting behind, it would be music. I actually was planning to go back to college to study it when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter 10 years ago. LOL

Well, at least my 20yo is studying music in college. Vicariously I can enjoy it. LOL

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM

You should go right ahead and delve in!  Why resist?  

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Languages...I really enjoy learning them. I studies Spanish with DS1 for a few years.

The younger two are learning ASL and I've been studying on my own to teach them.

DS1 just started learning Japanese and I am trying to resist jumping into that as well.

lucsch
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:50 PM

For me, flute performance. For my daughter, she has had a few years of piano and is starting flute. I'd include more theory. I'm not sure she is THAT into it to make it a focus of our day. She'd rather have her day focused on writing.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting lucsch:

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I resist because DS is having issues with mom doing EVERYTHING he does. He is starting to want some things for himself.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM

lol >>  I can understand that.  :)

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I resist because DS is having issues with mom doing EVERYTHING he does. He is starting to want some things for himself.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I tried to learn the flute once upon a time. I could never get the hang of it. :) 

Quoting lucsch:

For me, flute performance. For my daughter, she has had a few years of piano and is starting flute. I'd include more theory. I'm not sure she is THAT into it to make it a focus of our day. She'd rather have her day focused on writing.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting lucsch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)