Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Homeschooler when....

Fill in the blank :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Replies (31-32):
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
...your grown kid calls to tell you something he thinks you should teach the little one, that was left out of the oldest kid's public schooling.

...new friends you meet think you can be the block babysitter because you don't do anything else all day(!).

...people are SHOCKED that you homeschool because you "seem so normal."

...you can make a game, lesson, or toy out of anything.

...you remember more names of dinosaurs than names of relatives.

...DH mentions going to do _____ with the kids and you automatically start planning to fit it into a unit, skill set, or lesson plan.

...marbles, puzzles, games, paint, and Lego are teaching tools AND a significant portion of the household budget.

...the neighbor's perpetually pregnant, shrieking, and pooping cat becomes less of a nuisance and more of a "classroom curiosity."

...your heart races at the mere mention of terms like "curriculum," "book store closeout sale," and, "homeschooler discount." There may also be glazed over eyes and a little bit of drool. Just sayin.
blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
All mine are taken!! I love it when my girls are telling my husband (which isn't fully on board with me home schooling even after 3 years) about their day and he gets a look on his face like "What? She knows that already" or he says to me that he didn't even know that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)