Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you teach every subject everyday?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:58 PM
  • 14 Replies

We have (for the most part) been doing every subject everyday. I am thinking if changing this but am not quite sure how to schedule our subjects. 

Please share your subjects and you schedule them. Need ideas!

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OFIH
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Right now we do every subject every day with the exception of science. My husband does all the science, so we work around his work schedule unless I find something very interesting for the kids, then I throw it in as well. (in addition to, no in lieu of)

We start with Bible, add in any supplementary Bible work (this week we are doing a lot on Christ's last week), move on to a problem solving curriculum to help with critical thinking skills, then to math, history, a reading skills program, then on to grammar (we do vary on what we do in grammar depending on what the curriculum has set up for us, so some days we skip a part of it), then independent reading, and we add in our art study at the end.

This is our basic schedule. Sometimes we add in supplementary items, follow a rabbit trail on a topic the kids really like, or go on a field trip.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:33 PM
We do bible, math, and language arts everyday. Science and history are every other day and our electives are once a week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
QueenCreole313
by Julia on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Quoting Dawn07:

We do bible, math, and language arts everyday. Science and history are every other day and our electives are once a week.

What are your electives?

cjsmom1
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I'm using k12 and typically just follow their curriculum. Sometimes I'll let him do more of one subject if that's what he wants to do. He has math, writing, spelling, vocabulary, and writing skills everyday. Then he has art, science, music, and history a couple days a week.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:07 PM
This years electives are art, health and nutrition, and home economics.

Quoting QueenCreole313:

Quoting Dawn07:

What are your electives?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM

For the last two years, we did a different schedule for T-Th than M-W-F. It was refreshing and kept us from getting bored.

We did math daily. We alternated two different LA programs. She did reading and story-time daily.

We alternated a state study (notebooking) with American history.

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM
We plan on doing math, spelling and language arts Monday-Thursday. Geography Monday & Wednesday. And science Tuesday and Thursday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Walnutgrovefarm
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Math and language are done daily along with spelling and reading and bible time. Science and History are alternating days. Art is once a week outside of our home. "Electives" are done daily and are conidered a part of life skills.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM

We have tried it multiple ways. We do a tiny bit of reading, math and science everyday. History, geography, social studies, etc are more like twice per week

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:47 AM

heck no LOL...we do math and english everyday which are essential like nobody's business....and vary social and science every other day and add other stuff a couple times a week as well....art, PE stuff etc..we are in K so it's not as intense as higher grade levels

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)