Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Need advice on pricing homeschool curr. on ebay (please!)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am selling our Sonlight curriculum (we finished early) on ebay right now and have had a couple people message me asking if I'd do a Buy It Now price rather than bidding because they want to get it... and I don't know what to ask! For reference, it's the 2012 Instructor's Guide ($99.99 on Sonlight's site), plus 26 books - some history, some readers, some read-aloud, two workbooks (not written in), plus the laminated maps that fit inside the instructor's guide. So I started bidding at $99 which is far less than its worth (I started adding up the cost to buy it all piecemeal and stopped when I got to $220). It's not ALL the books you'd need, but it's all the books we used - some we were able to get from our public library or we just skipped entirely.

So, if you were selling this, what do you think a fair Buy It Now price would be? I don't want to seem greedy, but I don't want to sell myself short either. There is a similar set, but with more books included, going for nearly $300 right now (which is CRAZY to me since the whole thing brand new doesn't cost much more than that!).

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you checked out what similar sets are selling for on homeschool classifieds.com?  That will give you an idea.  This is such a hot time to buy curriculum so people will pay top dollar.  Which reminds I have some to get rid of.  

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM

No one has quite what I'm selling on there, but it looks like people selling readers-only book lots are going at $3-$4 per book (where most are $4-$10 new). So at $3 per book that'd be $78 for the readers; the instructor's guide is $100 new. So if I knocked that down by maybe 25%... it's in perfect condition and is the most recent edition (I see some 7-8 years old being sold for $60) - $75 plus $78 for the readers. I'm offering free shipping too so I think I'll add a buy it now based on this. Thanks for the hint about that site!

BramblePatch
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I usually price ebay 20% off new retail cost.....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)