Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband and I were talking the other night about home schooling, which is rare, he finally said why he is still somewhat against our girls being home schooled. They will not get a diploma. In his mind he associates a GED with someone who was in jail or quit school(I said HS) and he doesn't want his kids to get a GED he wants them to have a diploma. I understand what he is saying but to me it doesn't really bother me at all but I told him that I would look into online schools or something that offer a dipolma. I figure they could possible to their senior year online or something.

Any suggestions??

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Replies (21-21):
blueyedbaker
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I will have to think of a name. I know it's important to listen to him, and his concerns but when his concerns are: sports, making new friends, graduating, it's hard to listen to his concerns. Both my girls are in gymnastics, they play softball in the Spring. They both have made new friends since being home schooled and he knows that, and now that I know more about this diploma thing he really has no reason to not want our girls home schooled but I still can not talk to him about it. He still doesn't like them being home schooled, he probably never will like it and that's it. He will never agree with HS no matter what I do to make it more like PS. We just don't talk about it and that's easier on me!
Quoting oredeb:

not sure if anyone mentioned this

but think of a name for your school, make up cards, letterheads with it and show your dh, so now he can say they go to such and such school!! and i learned its important to listen to what he(your dh) wants also with the schooling thing, hes part of the family, he makes it possible to hs, hes their dad, the way we treat our dhs reflects on how our kids treat him and us! even if they are 'wrong' about something!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)