Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT - Easter!!!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:53 PM
  • 12 Replies

So what's going in the baskets this year guys? What are the plans for Easter day (if you celebrate)?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM

My 9y/o daughter is getting a Monster High Doll & my 7y/o son is getting a Furby Party Rocker. Instead of an egg hunt we are doing a scavenger hunt for the gifts. If I ever make it to the grocery store to get the stuff a nice lunch.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM

We figured we'd buy.....

a few decent pieces of chocolate....a couple fruit roll ups....easter breakfast (cupcake flavored muffins, flavored waters, a fresh good quality pear, and a baggie of pistacios and cashews.... these are all treats we don't usually have))).... then we bought them some little craft kit, bunny ears, and one WII game each.

Usually, we buy swim suits and such, but this year, three of the four don't need new ones because we bought some a couple months ago on sale.

jeweldragons
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Don't celebrate but here is a bump!

mrs.miller89
by Sharayah on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:35 AM

We have a big Minnie Mouse bucket instead of a basket (being a little greedy for her for the Easter egg hunt!) and she is getting some Cadbury eggs, mini Reese's, about a dollar in change, a coloring book, a fairy wall sticker, two Tinkerbell spinning tops, two little Disney princess books, a couple of chocolate bunnies, a bracelet/necklace set, and a bag of Reese's pieces that looks like a carrot! OMG writing it all out it sounds like a freaking lot, but her bucket looked so empty! A lot of it is from the dollar store too.

We are going to church and then after they have a big Easter egg hunt on the private school's football field, although its more of a "pick up more eggs than anyone else and get the eggs with prize tickets" hunt. =P After that we are going to my aunt's for an early dinner with my mom's family.

CafeMom Tickers
mrs.miller89
by Sharayah on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Wow, reading the other posts so far makes me a little embarrassed! I guess you could say DD is spoiled...

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:03 AM

After the St Patrick's Day fiasco, all holidays at our house have been cancled. I'm even debating if Christmas will be celebrated...
Normally on Easter, we'd blow eggs and paint them and hang them in our cherry tree out front. There would be an easter egg hunt outside, and we'd make chalk. Normally they don't get anything but candy on Easter. I feel horrible my little guy is missing out on so much of what we normally do, but the older one was just too ungrateful for anything she recieved on St Patrick's day, and she went out of the way to make sure everything that was planned was a total pointless waste of time, I don't feel like bothering anymore...

URHonor
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Happy Easter! Sorry my bengal cat Zombie photo bombed!

2  Books

Hello Kitty metal lunchbox (for crayons)

Coloring book & crayons

Pencil box with her name on it

LaLaLoopsey Doll

Fashion Earrings

Barbie Electric Toothbrush (she's been asking for one)

I Spy tube/wand

Glitter Bracelets

2 little chocolate bunnies 

South Beach Chocolate Sunflower Seeds. (They are our favorite snack,lol) 

"We read to know that we are not alone"-William Nicholson

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:41 AM

We quasi-celebrate. We don't do anything here at home, since we aren't practicing Christians. But we do usually go for an egg hunt at my MIL's.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM
I did small baskets..love the $1 store.

They each got a brain teaser puzzle game, mini-martinelli's sparkling cider, McDonalds coupon book, and a choco bunny.

I did a few plastic eggs with 50c each in them and a few with candy.

We usually do an Easter egg hunt at church but I'm sick so not sure if we will even go or if we go, if we will stay after services.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM

The kids got lots and lots of chocolate!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)