Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I want to know what everyone is studying in April?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 27 Replies

I'm thinking of doing some weather or maybe some plant units.

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kat0038
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Gardening, farming, plants.
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Honestly I'm not sure where this month will take us.  

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Currently?   Just surviving to finish this year.   It has not been as successful as I've wanted it to be.  

I want to keep plugging away at English and some of the fun writing things we have to work on.   I'm also considering hiring a retired English teacher I met at the park one day to tutor my kids in writing.   She gave me her number, so I have to call and see if she is still interested and what her time frame is like.  

lucsch
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Starting Apologia Botany

Starting 5th grade math

Finishing up American History and U.S. Geography

Finishing reading our Little House books

Poetry writing unit

Finishing our composer studies

Starting flute lessons and continuing piano lessons

The last week of April is my daughter's "dance week.." There are daily practices and three performances.

leighp1
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Photography, Geography, Grammar, Computer tech, and maybe some gardening.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

We do not study in units, so we are largely studying the next things in our subjects. We've pared down for the rest of the year to just math, religion, and language arts (LA is her weak spot); reading The Giver together, saint stories and memory work (memorizing the Apostle's Creed), descriptive sentences, paragraphs, subjects and predicates, pre algebra (this is a spiral program, so we hit something new every day).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

OFIH
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM

We don't use any type of unit studies. We are studying the Trail of Tears in history, our own family history (it's actually very cool, we are related to some neat people in history that we can discuss), and then continuing with our typical studies.

OFIH - Controller of chaos, laugher at children's antics, creator of messes, lover of God.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Oy! I hated that book! Lol so depressing

Quoting AutymsMommy:

We do not study in units, so we are largely studying the next things in our subjects. We've pared down for the rest of the year to just math, religion, and language arts (LA is her weak spot); reading The Giver together, saint stories and memory work (memorizing the Apostle's Creed), descriptive sentences, paragraphs, subjects and predicates, pre algebra (this is a spiral program, so we hit something new every day).

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Oh, neat! Who are you related to in history?

Quoting OFIH:

We don't use any type of unit studies. We are studying the Trail of Tears in history, our own family history (it's actually very cool, we are related to some neat people in history that we can discuss), and then continuing with our typical studies.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Photography! Fun

Quoting leighp1:

Photography, Geography, Grammar, Computer tech, and maybe some gardening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN