Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I want to know what everyone is studying in April?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm thinking of doing some weather or maybe some plant units.

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Busy, busy, busy!

Quoting lucsch:

Starting Apologia Botany

Starting 5th grade math

Finishing up American History and U.S. Geography

Finishing reading our Little House books

Poetry writing unit

Finishing our composer studies

Starting flute lessons and continuing piano lessons

The last week of April is my daughter's "dance week.." There are daily practices and three performances.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Love Spring!

Quoting Kat0038:

Gardening, farming, plants.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Yeah, I am trying to figure us out, too.

Quoting irvinehiker:

Honestly I'm not sure where this month will take us.  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Awesome, if everyone is alive and you aren't in jail then the year was a success!

Quoting KrissyKC:

Currently?   Just surviving to finish this year.   It has not been as successful as I've wanted it to be.  

I want to keep plugging away at English and some of the fun writing things we have to work on.   I'm also considering hiring a retired English teacher I met at the park one day to tutor my kids in writing.   She gave me her number, so I have to call and see if she is still interested and what her time frame is like.  

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Haa haa haa!!   I LOOOVE your definition of success!!!    I'm going to have to use that one on my husband!

Quoting mem82:

Awesome, if everyone is alive and you aren't in jail then the year was a success!

Quoting KrissyKC:

Currently?   Just surviving to finish this year.   It has not been as successful as I've wanted it to be.  

I want to keep plugging away at English and some of the fun writing things we have to work on.   I'm also considering hiring a retired English teacher I met at the park one day to tutor my kids in writing.   She gave me her number, so I have to call and see if she is still interested and what her time frame is like.  

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

She tells the truth. The first couple years are successful so long as your sanity is intact.

Quoting KrissyKC:

Haa haa haa!!   I LOOOVE your definition of success!!!    I'm going to have to use that one on my husband!

Quoting mem82:

Quoting KrissyKC:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

OFIH
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM
One of the biggest, that most would know on here, is Ulysses S. Grant, by just a few generations. His cousin married my husband's great, great, great (forgot the number of greats, will have to read again) grandmother. We are also related to someone who created (this one I haven't done enough research to have it down pat) one of the native American languages. We just discovered this one so I need to get more familiar with it. Kind of neat and a great way to bring history alive to kids.
Quoting mem82:

Oh, neat! Who are you related to in history?

Quoting OFIH:

We don't use any type of unit studies. We are studying the Trail of Tears in history, our own family history (it's actually very cool, we are related to some neat people in history that we can discuss), and then continuing with our typical studies.

OFIH - Controller of chaos, laugher at children's antics, creator of messes, lover of God.
mommy4lyf
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Since this coming school year will be my first time to homeschool my son with autism. I want to find out where he's at so, I bought complete curriculum from Grade 1-5, Complete Sight Words, and I also signed up for time4learning. I started to introduce the hs last month and took advantage of spring break. So far, I've learned he can do workbooks and time4learning with no problem.

We dropped the extended school year already so, we will pretty much do workbooks and time4learning this coming April.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Good luck!

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Since this coming school year will be my first time to homeschool my son with autism. I want to find out where he's at so, I bought complete curriculum from Grade 1-5, Complete Sight Words, and I also signed up for time4learning. I started to introduce the hs last month and took advantage of spring break. So far, I've learned he can do workbooks and time4learning with no problem.

We dropped the extended school year already so, we will pretty much do workbooks and time4learning this coming April.

mommy4lyf
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Thank you. I need a lot of that :D

Quoting mem82:

Good luck!

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)