Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

A little OT.... Is/Was your tween clingy?

Posted by   + Show Post

DD is 11 going to be 12 at the end of the summer.  She has been so clingy lately.  Out of my 2 kids she usually is the independant one but lately I find her sitting next to me all the time.  Sometimes she has something to say and I'm all ears.  Other times she has nothing to say she just wants to sit there.  Doesn't matter what I'm doing computer, cooking, laundry, whatever lol.  I guess I don't mind, just wondering if there's something she needs that I'm not giving her.  

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Replies (11-14):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Personally I don't consider wanting to be near your parents clingy.  My boys have moments when they want to be alone and moments when they want to sit on top of me.  They are 9 and almost eleven.  As long as she is fine being away from you in social situations I wouldn't worry.  I occasionally used to sleep with my mom as a teenager.  I don't know why I wanted to sleep next to my mom.  I just enjoyed it.

lucsch
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM

My 10yo dd is clingy when I am going somewhere. She is perfectly fine if SHE is going somewhere leaving me at home. LOL

celticdragon77
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM

My oldest daughter started that around the same age. She continued for a few years. We developed a very close relationship during that time. Then the teen years hit... She will be 18 at the end of the year and going off to college. I am so thankful for that time we bonded. I say cherish it deeply!

"live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." Emerson 

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM
My dd is 10 and she has been clingy. She wants to stay up at night to chill with me, last night she was following me around while I was bringing clothes to their rooms to put away. She wants to help make dinner and do chores with me. The only time I get of peace is going to the bathroom, taking a shower or when she sleeps. I'm not worried because at least she is being helpful, and soon she won't want to hang wih me. I was 10 when I told my Mom I didn't want her to walk me to the bus stop anymore. My Mom was so upset when I told her that, but it is normal they will distance themselves sooner or later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)