Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

2nd language *edited with another question*

Posted by   + Show Post
If you taught a 2nd language when did you introduce it? In high school or in elementary?

What program/curriculum did you use for them at that age?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Replies (11-14):
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM
I'm wanting to teach her french. It is part of our heritage, which is what brought up the question. I didn't want her taking it in high school as just another credit. I want her to be able to talk to her grandparents.
I believe I will be adding it as soon as possible. She is 6 now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HarrisonMD
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Quoting jeweldragons:

Well we plan on raising our babies bilingual so they'll learn Arabic and English from birth.  The best time to learn a new language is from birth-early elementary as their minds are like little sponges which just soak up everything.

I totally agree...we have been doing sign language/spanish since birth and DD is doing really well too!

oredeb
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM

we started on a book i found at the thrift store, it was like a kids spanish paperback dictionary, used some books i found at library then one of the moms at our home school group decided to teach spanish, so i put the kids  that were interested in it! fantastic my daughter can still speak it to this day and understand whats beiing said, which is good with her job!

OakesMama
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM

from birth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN