Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do you think about Oakmedow

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 2 Replies
I think I am going to do this with my 6th grader. What do know about it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM

For that age, I think it's a good program, but for the math. The math appears pretty behind what other maths are doing at that point.

I think that the younger grades are RIDICULOUSLY behind. I understand it's Waldorf-ish in philosophy, so that's why, but I would never use it personally. I do not use the upper grades for different reasons (their philosophy doesn't work with my faith), but other than math, I think it's a solid academic program in the upper grades. Fair warning - it is VERY writing intensive in the upper grades, IMO.

(we did buy the grade 6 program and I've looked at the younger grades, before deciding it wasn't for us)

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

RockEducation
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I actually considered using the English & History (its combined) for next year (5th grade). My DD really likes MCT Language Arts though, so we won't be switching as of right now. There is a post over on secularhomeschool.com by one of the members. She really liked it. You will have to scope it out.

Good information from Aimee. It's always nice to hear someone's take on curriculum that you haven't viewed yourself.good luck

http://lostpersonshomeschool.blogspot.com/2013/03/review-oak-meadow.html

Here is the link.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN