Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Just an update!! PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this
Thought I'd update everyone since we pulled the girls out of ps.

Tomorrow marks 3 weeks since they've been in ps. They are each doing great! I gave Our oldest (7) the end of the chapter tests out of a 1st grade math book just so I could see where she was and what she had already learned and got thru 5 chapters and are working on the 6th chapter now. She is also writing in a journal everyday. We are working on a small weather unit right now also. We will be starting 2nd grade in June.
Our middle daughter (4) didn't know how to write or recognize numbers when I brought her home. She now can write 1-20 (and recognize them) and also can write her ABC's and recognize them. :) I bought her some simple sigh word flash cards that we will start working on now that she knows her letters. She will be starting kindergarten in June.
Everything is going GREAT. I'm so glad y'all talked me into pulling them now rather than later. They keep asking for work (even on weekends lol) I'm sure the newness will wear off and it won't always be this "easy". I've really enjoyed having them home. So has DH (since he works 1300 miles away for 2 straight weeks a month and is home 2 weeks) it's been amazing to just go do what we need to and not worry about missing the bus in the afternoon and doing work whenever we want :)
Anyways, just wanted to kinda update everyone. Thanks again for all your help, you guys are amazing!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:25 PM

So glade that it is working out for you. I have a friend that her hubby has a smiler schedule as yours, they only do schoolwork on the weeks he works & child led learning on the weeks he is home, she told me that this way works great for them because the kids can spend more time doing things with their Dad.

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:42 PM
That's awesome!!!

Quoting usmom3:

So glade that it is working out for you. I have a friend that her hubby has a smiler schedule as yours, they only do schoolwork on the weeks he works & child led learning on the weeks he is home, she told me that this way works great for them because the kids can spend more time doing things with their Dad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romacox
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM

you rock

oredeb
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM

awww cowgirl thats so great to hear, sounds like you and the girls are having fun learning together

Joann.HS
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Congrats (:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Joann.HS
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Congrats (:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Wonderful! So glad it's running this smoothly so soon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN