Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Teachers Unions plans for homeschool families.

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.examiner.com/article/teachers-unions-plan-to-crush-parent-led-schooling

I saw this article posted elsewhere. Just thought I would share.

I can't make it clicky even tho I tried to follow the directions. I am not even getting the hyperlink to highlight. Sorry

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
autodidact
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this

what a load of paranoid crap

autodidact
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:50 AM

better than, not better then.

Quoting usmom3:

It doesn't surprise me that the teachers unions are getting all up in arms against homeschooling. If more & more people homeschool there will be less & less need for them because there will be less & less need for schools & teachers. We are a threat to their livelihoods not to mention that a lot of us are doing it better then the schools are.

Quoting mamamedic69:

I am new to this whole homeschooling thing but I thought it sounded off. And thanks for making it clicky. I was reading between windows trying figure it out.

Thank you both.

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

autodidact
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:59 AM

which stupid leftist would you be addressing? 

yes, you sound so very tolerant.

liberals don't oppose skin heads?

guess you've never heard of the SPLC

Quoting Jenn8604:

Let's start with the stupid leftist. We think you should have to tolerate us, but we shouldn't tolerate you. Also we have freedoms here which means we have freedom to educate our children in any manner we see fit. You don't see them attacking the Nazi skin heads do you? NO!!!! Go bug actual racists and leave those that want their kids to actually learn alone.

autodidact
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:07 AM

2008, actually. 

and the gov. and atty. gen asserted that Ca has no interest in compelling homeschoolers in general to attend public schools.

Quoting COmtnmomma:

http://www.standardnewswire.com/news/201382795.html

The above is a reference to court action involving the CA Teachers Association and comments they made against homeschooling.  It is undated but had to have occurred around or before 2011.  The words the Association used are on track with the Examiner's article...afraid it is not propaganda or scare mongering.  

BramblePatch
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Yes, they do. Not in the constitutional sense, of course....but in many States (Like CA) they buy and pay for the majority of politicians. They own them and their votes. For example a person running for City Council in Anaheim cannot win without union support or money. They sell their soul or they lose. It just gets worse as political rank gets higher. A Political Action Committee for, say, the Professional Firefighters Unions, make decisions not based on members but on the small boards political beliefs. The members have zero say where their money goes, although in some States laws are recently being lobbied about to change this. Teachers Unions are the same.

A teachers union could easily get tougher laws passed on homeschooling....or anything else. Well, maybe not easily....but it can be done without question.

Quoting usmom3:

I only read to "plan to crush parent-led schooling by cracking down on "accountability" and "intolerance," and passing a plethora of rules and regulations that would render such schooling practically powerless."

That was enough for me to know they are full of

s-h-!-t because unions don't have government law making or law inforcing power.

Maggiemom got it right this is fear mongering!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, but if you are going to come in here and correct other people on their grammar, please use it yourself.

We are laid back in here, and aren't writing term papers. 8) You have a different point of view on the subject at hand which is cool, but there is no need to treat this group like MC.

Quoting autodidact:

2008, actually. 

and the gov. and atty. gen asserted that Ca has no interest in compelling homeschoolers in general to attend public schools.

Quoting COmtnmomma:

The above is a reference to court action involving the CA Teachers Association and comments they made against homeschooling.  It is undated but had to have occurred around or before 2011.  The words the Association used are on track with the Examiner's article...afraid it is not propaganda or scare mongering.  

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM

There are "leftists" who homeschool too.  Homeschooling isn't a right vs left issue no matter how many times those on the "far right" want to claim that it is.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Let's start with the stupid leftist. We think you should have to tolerate us, but we shouldn't tolerate you. Also we have freedoms here which means we have freedom to educate our children in any manner we see fit. You don't see them attacking the Nazi skin heads do you? NO!!!! Go bug actual racists and leave those that want their kids to actually learn alone.

autodidact
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Where have I not used correct grammar?

Don't you think homeschoolers should use proper grammar?

but attacking leftist s and liberals IS cool?

Quoting mem82:

I'm sorry, but if you are going to come in here and correct other people on their grammar, please use it yourself.

We are laid back in here, and aren't writing term papers. 8) You have a different point of view on the subject at hand which is cool, but there is no need to treat this group like MC.

Quoting autodidact:

2008, actually. 

Quoting COmtnmomma:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

1. Starting a sentence with *and* isn't correct grammar. I assume you meant it as a sentence since you put a period on the end.

Oh, starting a sentence with *but* isn't really correct, either. Also, you did not capitalize either of them. good

I think everyone should use proper grammar when they are writing official correspondence or paper work. I don't think it's a big deal when it's just a social site where everyone is chitchatting. I no more think a homeschooler has to be perfect all the time than I think a public school teacher should have to worry about it. Or, to get down to it, anyone when it is a casual thing.

Oh, and it should be:

Do you not think one should use proper grammar when one is a person who home schools?

8) Let's not split hairs, though.

Quoting autodidact:

Where have I not used correct grammar?

Don't you think homeschoolers should use proper grammar?

but attacking leftist s and liberals IS cool?

Quoting mem82:

Quoting autodidact:

2008, actually. 

Quoting COmtnmomma:

autodidact
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

So I suppose the leftist bashing will continue apace.

Quoting mamamedic69:

http://www.examiner.com/article/teachers-unions-plan-to-crush-parent-led-schooling

I saw this article posted elsewhere. Just thought I would share.

I can't make it clicky even tho I tried to follow the directions. I am not even getting the hyperlink to highlight. Sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN