Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Have you signed the petition?

Posted by   + Show Post
I haven't decided if I am or not just because I haven't read ANY of the information on what exactly is going on in this case. But most likely I will. http://www.hslda.org/legal/cases/romeike.asp

Married the Love of My Life 9/7/02
Jency Paul Douglas 6/30/05
Tesher Robert Walter 12/31/08
Zerah Janae Lyn 3/26/12
Angel babies edd 10/22/08, 11/8/11, 10/20/13

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I disagree that unfair laws (those that do not directly affect a citizens GIVEN fundamental rights) should be interfered with by other countries. That is asking for trouble.

Quoting jen2150:

What laws are you referring to? There are many laws here that are a travesty. If you have an unfair law it deserves all the attention it is getting.
Quoting AutymsMommy:

Many places consider our laws (here) to be a travesty. Does that give them the right to stick their noses in it?

Quoting jen2150:

I haven't read about the case too much. I consider not being able to homeschool a travesty. German school system is very harmful to some children. If you ever read what Albert Einstein said about German schools you will know what I mean. Obviously the US can't take in everyone but it still deserves a fair hearing. I can't imagine living in a country where most of my rights have been taken away.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

The death penalty and trial in abstaintia are the 2 that come to mind. Many countries with extradition treaties with the US will not allow extradition of a US citizen hiding in their country who will face the death penalty in the US or who was tried in abstaintia. Look up the Unicorn killer.

Quoting jen2150:

What laws are you referring to? There are many laws here that are a travesty. If you have an unfair law it deserves all the attention it is getting.
Quoting AutymsMommy:

Many places consider our laws (here) to be a travesty. Does that give them the right to stick their noses in it?

Quoting jen2150:

I haven't read about the case too much. I consider not being able to homeschool a travesty. German school system is very harmful to some children. If you ever read what Albert Einstein said about German schools you will know what I mean. Obviously the US can't take in everyone but it still deserves a fair hearing. I can't imagine living in a country where most of my rights have been taken away.

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not getting involved in this because I think it is only going to stir up trouble here for us!

MorningValley
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:51 PM

So I talked to my husband and we are going to sign it.  He said that he doesn't think you can become a legal citizen if you are here under asylum (spelling?).    And we were talking about if the tables were turned....if they want to become citizens and can't it really changes the argument of some on here.  

Plus the big thing that made us decide to sign it is the fact that there are millions of illegals here nd they THIS family to deport?   Because they homeschool their kids?!!?  Seriously red flags all over this!   It's the government agenda.   They are only deporting because they homeschool!!!   I'm sorry but if this happens to them,  what are we in for next?

The fact that this is even happening is already stirring up trouble for homeschoolers here in the USA.   It is a clear sign of what's to happen to us in the next few years.

MorningValley
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Which is exactly why the holocaust happened.   Americans KNEW it was happening but "didn't want to interfere with mother countries laws." We didn't get into WWII until we were threatened...we didn't care people were dying because of their beliefs, we only cared about our selfish well being and agenda...as long as it doesn't affect us right?  What if the tables were turned?

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I disagree that unfair laws (those that do not directly affect a citizens GIVEN fundamental rights) should be interfered with by other countries. That is asking for trouble.

Quoting jen2150:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting jen2150:

Zerah Janae Lyn 3/26/12

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Are you really comparing mass murder to... homeschooling?

One involves the fundamental right to LIFE - the other???

Don't be ridiculous.

Quoting MorningValley:

Which is exactly why the holocaust happened.   Americans KNEW it was happening but "didn't want to interfere with mother countries laws." We didn't get into WWII until we were threatened...we didn't care people were dying because of their beliefs, we only cared about our selfish well being and agenda...as long as it doesn't affect us right?  What if the tables were turned?

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting jen2150:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting jen2150:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

They aren't deporting them because they are homeschooling. From what I understand, they have decided that not being allowed to homeschool in your own country isn't worthy of ASYLUM here.

And what trouble is this stirring up for homeschoolers in the United States? I haven't heard of any, frankly. You will always have those against it and those who support it.

Quoting MorningValley:

So I talked to my husband and we are going to sign it.  He said that he doesn't think you can become a legal citizen if you are here under asylum (spelling?).    And we were talking about if the tables were turned....if they want to become citizens and can't it really changes the argument of some on here.  

Plus the big thing that made us decide to sign it is the fact that there are millions of illegals here nd they THIS family to deport?   Because they homeschool their kids?!!?  Seriously red flags all over this!   It's the government agenda.   They are only deporting because they homeschool!!!   I'm sorry but if this happens to them,  what are we in for next?

The fact that this is even happening is already stirring up trouble for homeschoolers here in the USA.   It is a clear sign of what's to happen to us in the next few years.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I can not support the cause. They knowingly committed a crime. If homeschooling became illegal in this country I would move immediately. I would do it quickly and legally. If I had to then yes I would put my kids in public schools because I think that following the laws of the land is an important thing for children to see. This family is teaching their children something that I can not support.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

... and gay marriage. That the United States, as a whole, doesn't recognize it as valid rubs many in other countries the wrong way.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

The death penalty and trial in abstaintia are the 2 that come to mind. Many countries with extradition treaties with the US will not allow extradition of a US citizen hiding in their country who will face the death penalty in the US or who was tried in abstaintia. Look up the Unicorn killer.

Quoting jen2150:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting jen2150:

MorningValley
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Yes I am.  I'm comparing the attitude and minds of people.    Doesn't matter what the subject matter is.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Are you really comparing mass murder to... homeschooling?

One involves the fundamental right to LIFE - the other???

Don't be ridiculous.

Quoting MorningValley:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting jen2150:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting jen2150:

Zerah Janae Lyn 3/26/12

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN