Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Portfolios

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi everyone!
My Dh and I are fairly certain we'll be moving to Pa next year. They require a portfolio to be approved and sent in.

What would I include in the portfolio? How much should I include and what types of work? I'm a little stumped as far as all this goes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

A copy of your affadavit and objectives, any standardized tests for that year, Your book log (type a "works cited page" with the publisher etc so they could find the book if they need to, plus a handwritten daily log with the book an the pages you used each day as a record that you got your 180 days), then a few pieces of work for each subject that you teach your child.  I was told that if it is thickr than 1and a half inches you are giving too much.  Also they have to prove that you do not have a high school diploma or have not vaccinated your child for them to request seeing documentation, so Do Not Include it!  You will need to get an evaluator to look over your portfolio, if that evaluator has not worked with your school district you will need a copy of their PA certification and their letter explaining that you did well, if they have worked with your school disc=trict before then the letter will suffice.

Any other questions?  You should check out http://home.comcast.net/~askpauline/index.html

oredeb
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM

hi mandallyn, how old are the kids?

Mandallyn
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM
My only homeschooled child is 5 now. He'll be in first grade this coming year.

Quoting oredeb:

hi mandallyn, how old are the kids?

Mandallyn
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you, I will definitely check out the site. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

A copy of your affadavit and objectives, any standardized tests for that year, Your book log (type a "works cited page" with the publisher etc so they could find the book if they need to, plus a handwritten daily log with the book an the pages you used each day as a record that you got your 180 days), then a few pieces of work for each subject that you teach your child.  I was told that if it is thickr than 1and a half inches you are giving too much.  Also they have to prove that you do not have a high school diploma or have not vaccinated your child for them to request seeing documentation, so Do Not Include it!  You will need to get an evaluator to look over your portfolio, if that evaluator has not worked with your school district you will need a copy of their PA certification and their letter explaining that you did well, if they have worked with your school disc=trict before then the letter will suffice.

Any other questions?  You should check out http://home.comcast.net/~askpauline/index.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN