Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how often do they play with other kids

Posted by   + Show Post
This isn't a concern over socialization. I'm not the least bit concerned with all the socialization myths! Just curious....how often does your child hang out with other children besides siblings?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
mhaney03
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:32 PM

we go at least twice a week to taekwondo, and tournaments are fairly often here so they meet kids from other taekwondo schools

kttycat84
by Bonnie on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Every day. The neighborhood kids get home from school at 12:30 or 2:30 depending on what day of the week it is (Thursdays are early release) and as soon as they get home my kids are out there playing with them. I don't see them again until dinner most days, lol. I love our neighborhood and the way it gives my kids the same kind of childhood I had even though we live in a huge city.

mamaof2n1angel
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:40 AM

they get  out   and play with  other kids  afew times a month and  go to freinds over ngiht every so often. when they are nto  sick with  colds that is.  I like being able to relax when they are at their friends  house  as it si easier on me  to tend their  younger  sister whom is  wheelchair bound....... 

BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:01 AM
A couple of times a week, mostly at the ice rink or gymnastics.
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly hardly ever. They do have some social interaction but in the winter it was scarce. My oldest has boys scouts once a week and we go to the park maybe once or twice a week now that it is getting warm. We were in a homeschool group but that didnt turn out so great since the people were all over the place. We go to church but not as often as I would like. However despite my kids limited social interaction they are still very friendly and make friends every where they go. I think that siblings are sufficient play mates for kids and am not sure they really need outside interaction with peers. After all they get lots of interaction from going to stores and doing adult things with mommy and or daddy.
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:09 PM
At least once or twice a week, but tball practice starts next week so it will be more now.
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:09 PM

My daughter plays with my niece at least once per week, sometimes twice.  We try to make a trip to Burger King or the Park (since the weather is a little warmer) at least once a week also. 

She also sees kids at church on Sunday mornings, nights, and Wednesday night.

We have several new kids joining our homeschool group next year.  I am very excited because there are going to be about 5 or 6 kids within 2 years of her. 

JCB911
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Everyday - or just about.  Sunday, Wed, and Thursday are church and church activities and we have similar aged kids right next door.  So when the public school neighbors get home for the day they are all outside playing.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Eh. Maybe if the kiddos are close in age, not here though (my eldest is 11; my other two are 3 years old and 9 months old), lol.

Quoting chotovec82:

Honestly hardly ever. They do have some social interaction but in the winter it was scarce. My oldest has boys scouts once a week and we go to the park maybe once or twice a week now that it is getting warm. We were in a homeschool group but that didnt turn out so great since the people were all over the place. We go to church but not as often as I would like. However despite my kids limited social interaction they are still very friendly and make friends every where they go. I think that siblings are sufficient play mates for kids and am not sure they really need outside interaction with peers. After all they get lots of interaction from going to stores and doing adult things with mommy and or daddy.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

leighp1
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM

About once or twice a week.  My daughter is a Selective Mute and Social Phobia, so socialization is a problem for her and I do not ever force her to play with others if she doesn't want to.  That can do more harm than good for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)