Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

how often do they play with other kids

Posted by   + Show Post
This isn't a concern over socialization. I'm not the least bit concerned with all the socialization myths! Just curious....how often does your child hang out with other children besides siblings?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Replies (21-29):
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Mine are stair steps. 7, 5, 3.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Eh. Maybe if the kiddos are close in age, not here though (my eldest is 11; my other two are 3 years old and 9 months old), lol.

Quoting chotovec82:

Honestly hardly ever. They do have some social interaction but in the winter it was scarce. My oldest has boys scouts once a week and we go to the park maybe once or twice a week now that it is getting warm. We were in a homeschool group but that didnt turn out so great since the people were all over the place. We go to church but not as often as I would like. However despite my kids limited social interaction they are still very friendly and make friends every where they go. I think that siblings are sufficient play mates for kids and am not sure they really need outside interaction with peers. After all they get lots of interaction from going to stores and doing adult things with mommy and or daddy.

Gumberly
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Several times a week between meeting up with friends,their activities, and church.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:41 PM

At church about 3 times a week, at home about once a week, and with cousins about once a week.

junebaby11
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM
3 to 7 times a week and shes still funny about who she will play with we go to play group on Mondays and fridays
Breastfeeding group on Wednesday
Thursdays swimming
And Friday storey time
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM

We finally got a car after a year so I am working on that but every Sunday before now and as many times we can walk to the park.

lucsch
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Weekly, for Sunday School/Church, dance class (before especially), and Thursday afternoon co-op for several hours. Monthly or so at a sleepover with her best friend. Sporadically at other activities, like birthday parties. Daily , she talks to her best friend on the phone or skype. In other words, PLENTY.

oredeb
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM

for the once a month homeschool skate day,

at church on sundays,

once a week at spanish class or gymnastics, or drama class, (when we were doing them

so maybe 9 times a month total at the most, the least 4 times a month

if someone came over with kids there was that also

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM
It varies but at least once a week. She has an older sister & younger cousin in the house so she play with them daily. We only have one car for now so we are kinda limited at the moment.
TxMommyOfBoys
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Everyday. I go to the gym and they play in the kids area. They also do swim lessons and TaeKwonDo 2 times per week. They usually have sleepovers a couple times a month also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN