Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Does anyone use workboxes?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have been thinking of using workboxes for my daughter. She is 4.8 months old. She is also very independent. My husband will have her do and help her with anything I leave for her but I have to set it up. For example today I wrote out a short bible verse for copy work, and just let her do her k5.com work (math and reading). Also a page out of her math workbook.
I would like to set it up better so she can pull out her work for the day and so my husband knows what she needs to do that day.
How do you set up your workboxes? Do you just put the days assignment in there? What do you do with the rest of the stuff for the week if you only put one thing in there at a time? How do you organize it?

Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Oh and another question...I can see examples of all sorts if workboxes online. I have also seen schedule strips... What are these? I don't get how the schedule strips with the Velcro work. I can't find anything describing them either. Help???
maggiemom2000
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Here is one of my blog posts on how we use workboxes. There are lots of links in it to more sites and info:

http://tadpolestrailsandtrees.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-workboxes-work-in-our-house.html

I keep a file and/or box with supplies for the week, then I can quickly fill boxes at the end of the day or before they get up in the morning.

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Here are ours. Each girl has one. I fill them the night before. The "done" labels are attached with Velcro dots. At the beginning of the day, they are all facing the way in the picture. When they complete a subject, they put it in the bottom drawer in the "done and needs graded" box. After that they move the "done" label turns horizontal and goes to the other side :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I use a very modified model.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN