Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

would you take a toddler..

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am wanting to take my oldest two to see the local high school play tonight. my cousins daughter is a senior this year, and has a lead part. the play is 'Grease'.
i am having issues finding a sitter for the 2 yr old. now i am seriously considering taking her with us.
would that be totally bad?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Do you have a tablet with headphones or will your two year old sit and color quitely.  If you can keep her calm and quite then go for it.  If not sit on an outside row and if she is loud walk outside the door so your older children can still watch but not be to far away.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for the advice. :) My husband moved his work schedule around so I can take them..and he is going to stay home with the toddler. i know she can sit quietly..but i am afraid it will just be too long for her.
I'm all for teaching my kids to sit and listen to things..but I also know to not expect too much. :)
oh and I seriously need to get a tablet and some ear phones. ;)

Quoting debramommyof4:

Do you have a tablet with headphones or will your two year old sit and color quitely.  If you can keep her calm and quite then go for it.  If not sit on an outside row and if she is loud walk outside the door so your older children can still watch but not be to far away.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:13 PM
What a good daddy! I hope you guys have fun, and Daddy enjoys his bonding time.

FIL surprised us with a Kindle Fire for LO the other day, and LO is already knocking out some apps. I'm looking for good speech therapy apps for it, and he uses a couple on the iPhone now. I'm totally not a gadget mom (we don't allow things like PlayStation, for instance), but I love the educational aspects of tablets and Apple products. I recommend LifeProof or some other case for every gadget if the kids are using them.
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I would have not gone if I didn't have anyone to watch the toddler.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:22 PM
She ended up hanging out with Daddy.
We usually try to take all the kids along on outings. I have to say that I am glad I didn't take her. It ended up being really hot in the cafetorium and my oldest two(who usually have no issues sitting) were very antsy. My oldest daughter's (5) cheeks were so red I was afraid she was going to get sick.
They did really well considering the circumstances..plus I feel accomplished that we took in some 'culture'. :)

Quoting usmom3:

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I have 2 on the autism spectrum & even thought I would love to take them to all kinds of things I know that they would hate to be in most of those places no matter how cool or fun it might sound like before hand. Some times ( especially with my youngest one) it can be very much like having a toddler.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

She ended up hanging out with Daddy.

We usually try to take all the kids along on outings. I have to say that I am glad I didn't take her. It ended up being really hot in the cafetorium and my oldest two(who usually have no issues sitting) were very antsy. My oldest daughter's (5) cheeks were so red I was afraid she was going to get sick.

They did really well considering the circumstances..plus I feel accomplished that we took in some 'culture'. :)

Quoting usmom3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)