Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gym

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:40 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hello do anyone do gym? Everyday? Even Saturday and Sunday?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

We do gym 3-4 days per week.  In  winter we do the wii fit games and yoga videos.  They also get recss every day including Sat and Sun, but that's just lay.  Gym is supposed to incorporate some kind of instruction, like safety rules, game rules, movement instructions, IMO.

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM
No we don't .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I was just asking becuase my oldest said why do we got to do wii dance (Dance 4 everday). I had to find away to get the to move any my wii dancing games was colleting dust and we did not have gym no where but we had art and music even if we just draw a picture.
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Lol, as many have noted my children have a hard enough time sitting still even doing things that normally are consider stagnant activities so I don't bother incorporating gym into their daily routine.  They are all extremely skinny and for at least a few of them they are 10th percentile in weight for their age/height, so I don't worry about it too much.

I do talk to them about eating healthy and they eat mostly fruit and vegetables as snacks, so we do try to be healthy.  I have talked about always staying active, but like I've stated already it's not really needed to be forced, and hopefully never will be.  They go outside nearly every day, we walk all over sometimes over five miles and they love riding their bikes, scooters or just running around with their friends.  So, my view is as long as they are remaining active I won't need to incorporate it.

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Doing the winter months i have to keep them active spring time and summer time i can not get them to sit down. We are are always out side all day everyday.

Quoting Knightquester:

Lol, as many have noted my children have a hard enough time sitting still even doing things that normally are consider stagnant activities so I don't bother incorporating gym into their daily routine.  They are all extremely skinny and for at least a few of them they are 10th percentile in weight for their age/height, so I don't worry about it too much.

I do talk to them about eating healthy and they eat mostly fruit and vegetables as snacks, so we do try to be healthy.  I have talked about always staying active, but like I've stated already it's not really needed to be forced, and hopefully never will be.  They go outside nearly every day, we walk all over sometimes over five miles and they love riding their bikes, scooters or just running around with their friends.  So, my view is as long as they are remaining active I won't need to incorporate it.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM
We have a gym class on Monday and then we take walks through out the day.
Mommynay2
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM
We do gym Monday to Friday, but we switch it up. We walk to the store sometimes we go to the park, at times she runs and play in the yard. Any form of exercise can be gym.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM
My kids each do a sport year round. The younger two do gymnastics, the oldest does karate.

We supplement with Scout activities like hiking and with bike riding,park trips, etc.
MrsImperfect
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM
We are required to do 30 mins a day. Online schooling
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)