Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's Sunday. What is going on this week?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
What is the plan this week, ladies?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Not much...the younger two are in a theater production..the weekend and next. The two shows Fri and Sat were good.. Almost time to get ready for today's show. Then do it again this coming weekend.

DS1 has some Dr appointments this week. He's been having pain in his sternum, like floating cartlidge, when he works out so need to have it checked
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Just getting my workboxes set for the week. I work Monday-Thursday 10 hour days so I have little time during the week to prepare. Nothing special. We just started using workboxes so we are practicing using them.
BramblePatch
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:05 PM
We are starting some new curriculum this week.... Song School Latin and Discovering Great Artists for both kids and Elemental Science Earth Science Astronomy for DS.
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I'm not sure yet. I'm trying to get the weekend chores finished up, then I can get to lesson planning.

We will be doing more on a butterfly unit, we are setting our butterflies free. We are also starting a plant unit. Dd is working on counting by 5's, ds is going to work on volume units.
our new handwriting books should be in on Tuesday. I am hoping to finish up the chapter books we are currently in, then we can move onto some new ones.
I'm thinking ds may need something of a new approach to spelling. It is still working, but I'm afraid he is getting burnt out.
I am wanting to try to build a new art unit..and have some fun things lined up.
I would like to take the kids out to the bike path this week to walk/bike and am hoping to go to the park with some other home school friends.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Sounds like a great week.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

I'm not sure yet. I'm trying to get the weekend chores finished up, then I can get to lesson planning.

We will be doing more on a butterfly unit, we are setting our butterflies free. We are also starting a plant unit. Dd is working on counting by 5's, ds is going to work on volume units.
our new handwriting books should be in on Tuesday. I am hoping to finish up the chapter books we are currently in, then we can move onto some new ones.
I'm thinking ds may need something of a new approach to spelling. It is still working, but I'm afraid he is getting burnt out.
I am wanting to try to build a new art unit..and have some fun things lined up.
I would like to take the kids out to the bike path this week to walk/bike and am hoping to go to the park with some other home school friends.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I need to get an Art History Curriculum or something.

Quoting BramblePatch:

We are starting some new curriculum this week.... Song School Latin and Discovering Great Artists for both kids and Elemental Science Earth Science Astronomy for DS.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I tip my hat to you, working so hard to make the homeschooling work for your family. 8)

Quoting armygirl16:

Just getting my workboxes set for the week. I work Monday-Thursday 10 hour days so I have little time during the week to prepare. Nothing special. We just started using workboxes so we are practicing using them.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM

That's a weird pain to have. I hope it's just a muscle spasm or something. 8)

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Not much...the younger two are in a theater production..the weekend and next. The two shows Fri and Sat were good.. Almost time to get ready for today's show. Then do it again this coming weekend.

DS1 has some Dr appointments this week. He's been having pain in his sternum, like floating cartlidge, when he works out so need to have it checked

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Life just turned upside down for us this weekend (I'll post about it in a moment), so I'm really not sure what the week holds in store.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:24 PM

****HUGS****

Quoting Pukalani79:

Life just turned upside down for us this weekend (I'll post about it in a moment), so I'm really not sure what the week holds in store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN