Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's Sunday. What is going on this week?

Posted by   + Show Post
What is the plan this week, ladies?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Replies (11-19):
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Thank you

Quoting mem82:

****HUGS****

Quoting Pukalani79:

Life just turned upside down for us this weekend (I'll post about it in a moment), so I'm really not sure what the week holds in store.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM

My older two are still testing through thier CAVA curriculum to pass for next year.  We have reading to puppies at the library tomorrow evening.  We will be going to PJ storytime at the library on Wednesday. Thursday the Preschoolers have storytime there also.  Friday afternoon we will do PJ storytime at Barnes and Noble. 

I have not made a plan for the preschoolers.  I have to fix dinner and then get on that. 

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Here's what going on for ds (12, 6th grade):

Percents, fractions, & decimal place value, Verbs & prepositions, 4 spelling tests, some vocabulary exercises, Mesopotamia & Sumer, and Analyzing and Interpreting science experiments  

Ds is also starting a new series of 2-hr classes at a science museum this Friday. 

QueenCreole313
by Julia on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Bible: Joeph

Math: Fractions

Science: Africa Unit (animals/geography/history)

English: Journal writing, typing and free reading

Oh we are going to try a Computer Science course too. 

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Thanks :) I'm also in school full time myself.  It's hard, and busy, but worth it.  

Quoting mem82:

I tip my hat to you, working so hard to make the homeschooling work for your family. 8)

Quoting armygirl16:

Just getting my workboxes set for the week. I work Monday-Thursday 10 hour days so I have little time during the week to prepare. Nothing special. We just started using workboxes so we are practicing using them.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Uhhhh, I will have to get back to you on that I have not thought about it yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnt-manda
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Monday: normal school day, clean house, and library

Tuesday:school (supposed to have tornado outbreaks around our area so ds (10) and dh are hoping to do some tornado chasing. ( also means dh will probably be at home part of the week, weather affects his work, which sometimes throws us off rountine)

Wed: school and church, errands if weather is nice

Thur: school and baseball game, may go hunt fossils on grandparents land, just turned some really cool ones in at the zoo, boys are trying to earn points for a conch shell they want.

Fri: halfday of school or free if we get done, may go hiking, movies, pizza hut for lunch....unsure yet..but it's a reward day

Sat:baseball game/family time

Right now we are learning civil war, geology, oceanography, fractions, money, and diagraming sentences.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OFIH
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:07 AM
School, school, school. We have pictures on Tuesday and Thursday are our kids soccer practices. Saturday brings 2 games. Haircuts today (ugh, with our kids issues that's a long process). Add in housework and that's basically our week in a nutshell. Nothing too thrilling.
OFIH - Controller of chaos, laugher at children's antics, creator of messes, lover of God.
bether89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM

In science, ds1 is starting a unit on flowers and fruit as part of our study of plants.

English-  writing a business letter

math- formulas and mulitplication distributive property

History-  we are starting an Alabama state lapbook.

Bible- Joshua

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)