Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Totally OT! TV shows...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 15 Replies
I need a new series to watch. We have Netflix and Amazon. I don't watch a ton of TV, but like to unwind with something non-kiddie after the kids are in bed, but before I/DH go to bed. Also sometimes I play Netflix on my phone while I am in the kitchen cooking or cleaning out the fridge, more for mind-occupation than anything else (I obviously don't stand there and stare at it, but a sit com playing makes the time pass easier). For reference, I like The Office, 30 Rock, Frasier, Breaking Bad (but in general I do not like shows this dark - it's just really, really fantastic), LOST (fanatic). I like comedies but have not been able to get into Parks & Rec - it's just too much like an Office parody I guess. It's okay. I like scifi but tried Dr. Who and could NOT get into it. Maybe I just don't like British shows. Any suggestions? I've also breezed through (it's so embarrassing to admit this) - Sons of Anarchy. It was terrible! Like a trashy biker soap opera. I used to enjoy Damages but this latest season has gotten stupid. Not a fan of Mad Men. I also like documentary style shows if they aren't preachy - like ones about cultures and peoples, but not ones about veganism or electric cars. I would love to hear suggestions! I just know there are good things out there I'm not watching yet! :) Thanks!
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QueenCreole313
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM
The Walking Dead (I'm a lostie too) it has a great storyline!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Castle is a fun mystery show.

Person of Interest has a neat vibe.

Big Bang Theory is a blast.

We're Whovians, but British TV is very different.

For fun, light sci-fi, I watch Warehouse 13 on the SyFy channel. I miss Eureka! And I'm looking forward to Defiance, which premieres on Apr 15. I hope it's good.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I love Big Bang THeory for mindless humor.

Also..DH and I LOVE Fringe!

armygirl16
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM
My husband and I went through 24 on Netflix. That show is really good. We named our dog after the main character (Bauer). We just finished breaking bad. I always hear good stuff about sons of anarchy but I haven't seen it. We are currently going through Dexter (holy cow that's a good show!). Hmmm
oredeb
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM

what about revolution, leverage, the last frontier, duck dynasty, larry the cable guy,

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I love Wings!  It's a bit old (90's lol) but it's light and funny and relaxing.  

ballerina.2006
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Raising hope!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BramblePatch
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I am into House right now :-)
kttycat84
by Bonnie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:41 AM

The Walking Dead

Call the Midwives

Bomb Girls

Jericho

Downtown Abbey

^All of those were shows I started watching when I was by myself and then hubby would come in and ask what it was about and get hooked so I'd have to start the entire series over because he wanted me to watch it with him, lol.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:58 AM

The Walking Dead

Jericho (but it just ends...I wasn't done watching it, lol)

Supernatural

Eureka

I'm sure there are more I like, those are just off the top of my head.  My DH gets into whole seasons and I get sucked in ;)  We watched Dexter the first couple years.  I watched True Blood seasons 1-3 then it was just too much sex.  I get so annoyed with sex on tv.

I also like Once Upon a Time, I just catch up on them on abc.com. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)