Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
I need a new series to watch. We have Netflix and Amazon. I don't watch a ton of TV, but like to unwind with something non-kiddie after the kids are in bed, but before I/DH go to bed. Also sometimes I play Netflix on my phone while I am in the kitchen cooking or cleaning out the fridge, more for mind-occupation than anything else (I obviously don't stand there and stare at it, but a sit com playing makes the time pass easier). For reference, I like The Office, 30 Rock, Frasier, Breaking Bad (but in general I do not like shows this dark - it's just really, really fantastic), LOST (fanatic). I like comedies but have not been able to get into Parks & Rec - it's just too much like an Office parody I guess. It's okay. I like scifi but tried Dr. Who and could NOT get into it. Maybe I just don't like British shows. Any suggestions? I've also breezed through (it's so embarrassing to admit this) - Sons of Anarchy. It was terrible! Like a trashy biker soap opera. I used to enjoy Damages but this latest season has gotten stupid. Not a fan of Mad Men. I also like documentary style shows if they aren't preachy - like ones about cultures and peoples, but not ones about veganism or electric cars. I would love to hear suggestions! I just know there are good things out there I'm not watching yet! :) Thanks!
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Replies (11-15):
Joann.HS
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Revenge.
&
Downtown Abbey (I have heard this is really good)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charla_r
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
We love Big Bang Theory and Person of Interest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM

net flicks has some good british detective/mystery ones,  the lynly series and rosemary and thyme

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Thx for the suggestions. We used to watch Walking Dead but it got super boring so we quit. Just people having really, really boring conversations interspersed with zombie killing. Ugh. And they totally teased us by having Lennie James (Jericho) in the pilot and then WE NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN! Lame! I did love Jericho. We watched it in 2008 and then again last year. Those New Bern jerks! Speaking of - a friend recommended Scandal to me - watched the Pilot and it was very meh, BUT - April from Jericho is in it, and GLORY OF GLORIES, DESMOND FROM LOST!!! I love Desmond. We're all caught up on Downton. Though it too is becoming a major snooozzzze. Did anyone else think the last finale was extremely boring? More dowager countess, less Man-Mary!
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I haven't read the other suggestions so these may be repeats. A few I've enjoyed:
The IT Crowd is on Netflix, I think.
Pushing Daisies
Dead Like Me
New Tricks
Doc Martin

And if you're ever in the mood for something weightier, The Sopranos was water-tight television.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)