Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Another reason I look forward to HS'ing

Posted by   + Show Post
If I oversleep I don't have to worry about the kids missing the bus. We are down to one car right now and DH has it at work so I wouldn't have been able to take them to school. I might've been able to get a neighbor to help, but no guarantees. But luckily they made it.

So, what are some not so textbook reasons you like HS'ing?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Replies (31-35):
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM

We too have an odd schedule that homeschooling works great with.

Quoting chlippr77:

We've changed our schedule to match DH's days off. We still have 5 school days a week, but never have school more than 4 days in a row. And we don't even have breakfast until almost noon because DH tends to work very late, so we adjusted our schedule so that we can ALWAYS have dinner as a family and don't have to worry about the kids getting to bed so they can get up early to go to school.

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Mine works 2 weeks on 2 weeks off....1304 miles from home :(

I love the freedom. When he is home, we get to spend so much time together

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

That sounds very similar to my husbands schedule! He is always on 12 hour nights, and drives over 1.5 Hours each way.

Quoting wunderwifey:

This is one of our reasons too. DH works 12 hour rotating shifts (this week days, next week nights only 2 weekends off a month) an hour and a half away from home. He leaves before they get up and gets home at or just after bedtime.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Spending more time with Dad. He works nights and if they were in school would never see him.

Also..getting to go to the fun places when everyone else is in school. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof697
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM

They won't have an hr long bus ride EACH way to and from school.  We have a family farm so they can help out when something needs done. Or when cousins have time off of school and come to help cut wood for my in laws We can take the day off too and get in there and help. 

amandae21
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM

They don't eat that GMO loaded, highly processed frankenfood that school cafeterias serve.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I love moving ahead and exploring different new topics to get them excited about learning.   Plus, I enjoy not having to just do 'busy work'... or to stay behind because the other kids don't understand it.

On the flip side, I like being able to slow down when needed, too.   Being able to say, "Let's google it and find out." to any question they ask... LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN