Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Look who is writing thier name

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:33 AM
  • 17 Replies
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

My 4 year old. He won't poop in the potty. Didn't talk till 2. Never held a pencil right till a month ago. And now he can write his name. Well sort of. His e is a little crazy and he does not dot his i. I do have to tell him the letters. But he wrote it by himself. I am happy. We will keep practicing though. He just turned 4 so I don't expect perfection.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Mobile Photo

Here is a pic of the proud boy.
oredeb
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM

wow thats pretty good for 4, most of mine couldnt do that at 4!

dont you love homeschooling, working at your own pace!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Yes.  I do.  I never know what to expect when.  My older girls were able to write thier names at 3 1/2.  They talked sooner, and did everything sooner.  But I think it was the sitters fault.  She babysat since they were 6 weeks till 2 1/2 and 3.  She also taught preschool lessons to all the kids so they were always around it.  I kind of slacked when I started staying home.

But then I started teaching them. That was after I had been home for a year and realized that my oldest was to advanced for preschool and to young for kindergarten.  So I had to do something.  She went to kindergarten but was not challenged and we brought her home. 

I always worry if he is where he is suppose to be, but since he is going to stay home till he asks to go to school I am not so worried and let him go at his own pace.  He is lots of fun and all little boy.  He loves being outside and exploring.  He does worksheets and is starting to try doing them right, but I dont make a big deal if he decides to scribble. He decides when he does school and for how long.

Quoting oredeb:

wow thats pretty good for 4, most of mine couldnt do that at 4!

dont you love homeschooling, working at your own pace!

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Cool!

cjsmom1
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay!!
gratefulgal
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Good for him AND for you!

CatFishMom
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

:-) Yea!

I know that excitement, too-my son only just started writing voluntarily; before now, at four and a half, he fought even just writing his name, so the day he picked up a crayon and wrote it on his own and correctly, I about cried.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Thanks.  He did great.  I am just so proud of him.

Quoting gratefulgal:

Good for him AND for you!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I was just so really proud.  I had to share.  Most people I know think its not a big deal.  But I was impressed that he could.  I told him that you guys said he did a great job and read the posts and he was just beaming.  I hope he keeps it up.

Quoting CatFishMom:

:-) Yea!

I know that excitement, too-my son only just started writing voluntarily; before now, at four and a half, he fought even just writing his name, so the day he picked up a crayon and wrote it on his own and correctly, I about cried.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

He wanted to share his work from today. He is excited to share. He was working on cutting and patterns.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN