Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Look who is writing thier name

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

My 4 year old. He won't poop in the potty. Didn't talk till 2. Never held a pencil right till a month ago. And now he can write his name. Well sort of. His e is a little crazy and he does not dot his i. I do have to tell him the letters. But he wrote it by himself. I am happy. We will keep practicing though. He just turned 4 so I don't expect perfection.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Replies (11-17):
gratefulgal
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, that's wonderful! He can show off his work all he wants! I know it's a big deal, and it's REALLY hard waiting for them to reach those milestones when you've been working at it for what seems like FOREVER (and even when you haven't!). He does really good cutting, too. Way to go! Kepp up the wonderful job!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:44 PM

He just picked up that skill also.  He seems to go from not being able to do it at all to knowing something over night.  It drives me crazy but I will deal with it.  I think he likes to be really good at something before he shows he can do it.  He did that with talking, and cutting, shapes, and colors.  I am just waiting to see what he will do next.

Quoting gratefulgal:

Oh, that's wonderful! He can show off his work all he wants! I know it's a big deal, and it's REALLY hard waiting for them to reach those milestones when you've been working at it for what seems like FOREVER (and even when you haven't!). He does really good cutting, too. Way to go! Kepp up the wonderful job!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Great job!
I can't wait for Theo to start trying.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:09 AM

It is exciting when they finally learn to.  My almost 3 year old loves pretending to write her name.  She just writes scribbly lines.  I think it is funny.  I was suprised he wanted to write his name.  He had shown no interest in it till the other day.

Quoting mem82:

Great job!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I don't think it has even occurred to Theo to try.

Quoting debramommyof4:

It is exciting when they finally learn to.  My almost 3 year old loves pretending to write her name.  She just writes scribbly lines.  I think it is funny.  I was suprised he wanted to write his name.  He had shown no interest in it till the other day.

Quoting mem82:

Great job!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM

One day he will.  Phoenix and Angel (my almost 3 year old) only thought of it I am sure because I am always after thier sisters to write thier names.  I never worry about what them actually do it until they do it. They are constintly suprising me.

Quoting mem82:

I don't think it has even occurred to Theo to try.

Quoting debramommyof4:

Quoting mem82:

Great job!

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Woohoo! That's great! Good for him, and he should be proud!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)