Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

have you traveled with your kids?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM
  • 8 Replies

I live in Germany at the moment and I want to go somewhere abroad with my kid in this summer vacation.

I thought about Spain but it would be very busy then and less safety.

is there anyone living in Europe?

any suggestions?

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you considered Switzerland?

I used to live abroad and have been all through Europe but one of my favorite places especially with children is Switzerland.

We love it so much that my husband and I vacation in Zurich and Lucere every few years. It is clean, not nearly as crowded, rich in history, family friendly, clean and relatively safe.

Quoting Jayco424:

I live in Germany at the moment and I want to go somewhere abroad with my kid in this summer vacation.

I thought about Spain but it would be very busy then and less safety.

is there anyone living in Europe?

any suggestions?

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
When we were stationed on the UK, we spent a week in Oberammergau twice with side trips to Salzberg and Neuschwanstein in the summers. We also went to Venice for a week during the off season - February, I think.

I think the best thing about homeschooling would be being able to travel in the off season.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I've traveled a lot with my children, but mostly around my own country so I have no suggestions on where to travel abroad unless you come here.

We're planning a trip to Japan hopefully one day with the children as our abroad trip.  The children are learning Japanese and we're working hard to save up and plan.  I do have a friend in Canada that's trying to get us to visit her, so we may make it up there sometime too.

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh what fun, we have never traveled out of the USA with or with out kids.

OakesMama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

not more then 500 miles from home.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Here and I was excited to be driving from VA to Montana this summer. LOL Have a great time wherever you decide to go.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you military?

I read that homeschooling is illegal for ANYONE other than military in Germany.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

bether89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

We have never travel outside the U.S. with our children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)