Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I get so annoyed with sharpening pencils I have been trying to switch over to all mechanical and my kids still keep dragging these stupid #2 pencils out of the air.... So what object of homeschooling annoys you the most?

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
cjsmom1
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry but that made me lol. Luckily I bought an electric one that's on his desk. I can't even tell you how many of the small ones got lost or broken. He almost broke the electric one. Luckily I was able to pick the eraser out using tweezers.

Quoting OakesMama:

I now have 29 unsharpened pencils and can''t find a pencil sharpener either! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OakesMama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought I would, I bought packs upon packs from the dollar store. I still have the lead, just no pencils lol :)

Quoting cjsmom1:

I thought about that but I know it'd constantly run out of lead.

Quoting OakesMama:

that's why I'm trying to switch to mechanical ones! but they keep disappearing and those old #2's UNSHARPENED keep showing up!

Quoting cjsmom1:

I just don't understand how we've gone through so many, I only have one child. I have a bucket on his desk for pencils that is usually empty or has two pencils with no points. I can't wait until he can just use a pen.

Quoting OakesMama:

I'm glad to hear someone besides me is having a pencil issue, I'm trying to find one right now! lol 

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
How dd loses the mechanical pencils and my ds takes all the erasers out.
DesireMM
by Desire' on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL! That is my son exactly. So we can never switch to the mechanical ones. Now every week when I go to the dollar store I have to buy more pencils.

Quoting ablessedlife:

Quoting OakesMama:

I now have 29 unsharpened pencils and can''t find a pencil sharpener either! 

LOL!
I can't switch to mechanical because my oldest (10) keeps taking them apart and losing the pieces!

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I always have 500 pencils, but lose my sharpener on a daily basis! That's the one item that drives me nuts. I finally bought these more expensive pencils - USA Gold or something - they actually keep their tips a lot longer than the cheaper ones, and that's going okay. 

The other thing that drives me nuts is DH coming into the school room and "helping" by "cleaning up." What is clutter or a mess to him, is a stack of papers and books I KNOW I am going to need in the morning. He "cleans" them up and puts them on various shelves and then in the morning, I'm digging all over the place to find the calendar, the other side of a worksheet someone was going to do, a list of books I wanted to look up on the library website, etc. Drives me bonkers.

myownparadise
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Whenever I go out into public during regular school hours, and people ask me why my girls are not in school. Some people are snarky and rude about it, but others assume it is another school break. The worst part of it is that my oldest will be 5 in about a week. She is the size of a 7-8 year old. My youngest is 3 and really tall for her age also. We aren't officially in homeschooling yet because you have to be 6 in GA before you can officially start. We do, however, do learning activities and treat it as though we are in school.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Generally, my two younger ones not picking each other! They have to know what the other is doing at all tikes and be up in each other's business.. @@

Lately, it is "Ron,the dog dad". He pays me to walk his two dogs. The guy is almost 74 and quite frail but has 2 pit bull mixes (he calls them boxers) who are way too much dog for him that I walk. Well some days I bring Heidi along and he and the pups are fine with that.

He happens to live directly across the street from the local elementary s book so now EVERY dang time DD is with me he jokes about her too g to school @. when you going Heidi? You are late, better run over there.

Was laugh and blow it off. But SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY....it is getting old fast!
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
UGH Pencils! Don't even get me started ! Lol
about once a week I have to send the kids on a pencil hunt..who ever finds the most gets a quarter. Lol they have to look in the couch, under the beds and where ever else they lose them at. The most annoying part is that we live out in the countWalmart only carries the BIG boxes of them right before school starts in the fall. I stock up, but it is never enough.
it used to be worse than this though. Our wall mounted sharpener was in the garage(not attached to the house), where our business is ran. It was such a pain to go out with a bucket or pencils and hope that the kids didn't kill each other while I was out there. I finally begged my husband to move it into the house.
My husband was always asking why I was always sharpening so many pencils! He just doesn't get how fast they dissapear/break! Lol
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Luckily, where I am at, we don't get the questions so much. I have tall kids, too, so I get frustrated that people think my toddlers are acting *bad for their age* when their age is 2 years younger than they think.

Quoting myownparadise:

Whenever I go out into public during regular school hours, and people ask me why my girls are not in school. Some people are snarky and rude about it, but others assume it is another school break. The worst part of it is that my oldest will be 5 in about a week. She is the size of a 7-8 year old. My youngest is 3 and really tall for her age also. We aren't officially in homeschooling yet because you have to be 6 in GA before you can officially start. We do, however, do learning activities and treat it as though we are in school.
myownparadise
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM
It is super annoying.

Quoting mem82:

Luckily, where I am at, we don't get the questions so much. I have tall kids, too, so I get frustrated that people think my toddlers are acting *bad for their age* when their age is 2 years younger than they think.

Quoting myownparadise:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN