Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I get so annoyed with sharpening pencils I have been trying to switch over to all mechanical and my kids still keep dragging these stupid #2 pencils out of the air.... So what object of homeschooling annoys you the most?

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this
All of our pencils have missing erasers!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Ink. It runs out WAY too fast! :)

OakesMama
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I have an electric one, I SHOULD throw it away. They broke it (with GOOD batteries it goes super slow and stops a lot) killed the batteries and dulled the blade! I never did that when I was a kid! killed the batteries but that was about it.

Quoting cjsmom1:

Sorry but that made me lol. Luckily I bought an electric one that's on his desk. I can't even tell you how many of the small ones got lost or broken. He almost broke the electric one. Luckily I was able to pick the eraser out using tweezers.

Quoting OakesMama:

I now have 29 unsharpened pencils and can''t find a pencil sharpener either! 

OakesMama
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I feel you are officially homeschooling as soon as you start, regaurdless of the starts homeschool start age. 6 is cool, in Washington and Idaho it is 8, you kind of feel like your being laughed at when you say your homescholing your 5 year old around here. I hate snarky comments.

Quoting myownparadise:

Whenever I go out into public during regular school hours, and people ask me why my girls are not in school. Some people are snarky and rude about it, but others assume it is another school break. The worst part of it is that my oldest will be 5 in about a week. She is the size of a 7-8 year old. My youngest is 3 and really tall for her age also. We aren't officially in homeschooling yet because you have to be 6 in GA before you can officially start. We do, however, do learning activities and treat it as though we are in school.

OakesMama
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM

lol, I think my kids break ours on purpose just so they can sharpen them and NOT do their work!

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

UGH Pencils! Don't even get me started ! Lol
about once a week I have to send the kids on a pencil hunt..who ever finds the most gets a quarter. Lol they have to look in the couch, under the beds and where ever else they lose them at. The most annoying part is that we live out in the countWalmart only carries the BIG boxes of them right before school starts in the fall. I stock up, but it is never enough.
it used to be worse than this though. Our wall mounted sharpener was in the garage(not attached to the house), where our business is ran. It was such a pain to go out with a bucket or pencils and hope that the kids didn't kill each other while I was out there. I finally begged my husband to move it into the house.
My husband was always asking why I was always sharpening so many pencils! He just doesn't get how fast they dissapear/break! Lol

myownparadise
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, 8? I thought it was crazy that Kindergarten isn't required here (it used to be!). I do tell everyone that we have started homeschooling. I even say that I am doing homeschooling preK with my youngest.

Quoting OakesMama:

I feel you are officially homeschooling as soon as you start, regaurdless of the starts homeschool start age. 6 is cool, in Washington and Idaho it is 8, you kind of feel like your being laughed at when you say your homescholing your 5 year old around here. I hate snarky comments.

Quoting myownparadise:

Whenever I go out into public during regular school hours, and people ask me why my girls are not in school. Some people are snarky and rude about it, but others assume it is another school break. The worst part of it is that my oldest will be 5 in about a week. She is the size of a 7-8 year old. My youngest is 3 and really tall for her age also. We aren't officially in homeschooling yet because you have to be 6 in GA before you can officially start. We do, however, do learning activities and treat it as though we are in school.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OakesMama
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Yeah 8, it's pretty crazy.

Quoting myownparadise:

Wow, 8? I thought it was crazy that Kindergarten isn't required here (it used to be!). I do tell everyone that we have started homeschooling. I even say that I am doing homeschooling preK with my youngest.

Quoting OakesMama:

Quoting myownparadise:

bether89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Pencil that won't sharpen or break as soon as you start to use them are one of  pet peeves.  We have tons of them, mostly we use mechanical pencils too.

Kat0038
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Never being able to finding my pen and never having ink in the printer when I want to print

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Being able to find activity's for all the kids that don't break the bank!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)