Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I get so annoyed with sharpening pencils I have been trying to switch over to all mechanical and my kids still keep dragging these stupid #2 pencils out of the air.... So what object of homeschooling annoys you the most?

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (31-40):
twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Pencils without erasers!! Lol :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OakesMama
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Wow, Thank you To the Admin, This is my first featured post ever and I have been on Cafe mom for over 6 years!

celticdragon77
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:10 AM
8yrs in pa as well.
Quoting myownparadise:

Wow, 8? I thought it was crazy that Kindergarten isn't required here (it used to be!). I do tell everyone that we have started homeschooling. I even say that I am doing homeschooling preK with my youngest.

Quoting OakesMama:

I feel you are officially homeschooling as soon as you start, regaurdless of the starts homeschool start age. 6 is cool, in Washington and Idaho it is 8, you kind of feel like your being laughed at when you say your homescholing your 5 year old around here. I hate snarky comments.

Quoting myownparadise:

Whenever I go out into public during regular school hours, and people ask me why my girls are not in school. Some people are snarky and rude about it, but others assume it is another school break. The worst part of it is that my oldest will be 5 in about a week. She is the size of a 7-8 year old. My youngest is 3 and really tall for her age also. We aren't officially in homeschooling yet because you have to be 6 in GA before you can officially start. We do, however, do learning activities and treat it as though we are in school.

"live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." Emerson 

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I love sharpening pencils! I always have. Maybe it is the smell of the shavings I like? I know I enjoy having a nice, sharp point ready when I want to write, and if I use pencils rather than pens, I might go through half a dozen pencils before I'm through or before I get up to sharpen again.
The thing about schooling at home that annoys me most so far is MY NEIGHBORS. They are so not interested in planning their noisemaking activities around my schedule LOL.
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mem82:

This is funny to me. I was pregnant with my oldest and my stepmother was pregnant with my sister at the same time. We had a big baby shower and my stepmother's niece was there, acting CRAZY. I, with all my politically incorrect, teenaged grace, asked my dad, "Is that kid retarded or something? She seems a little slow," and he told me the kid looked six but she was only two and a half. Ha! That girl has just started working toward her masters degree and she's SIX ONE and gorgeous. And yes, her mother WAS asked many times what was "wrong" with her daughter.
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
This is our problem. We have plenty of pencils but no erasers on them. I have bought the erasers to put on them and they disappear every time!!

Quoting mem82:

All of our pencils have missing erasers!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a 4yo who LOVES to use the crank pencil sharpener, so much so that I can keep him occupied sharpening our pencils so we can do one-on-one stuff with the older two.

I think my biggest pet peeve is the way others react seeing us out and about during school hours.

myownparadise
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Really? Wow! This is very interesting!

Quoting celticdragon77:

8yrs in pa as well.
Quoting myownparadise:

Wow, 8? I thought it was crazy that Kindergarten isn't required here (it used to be!). I do tell everyone that we have started homeschooling. I even say that I am doing homeschooling preK with my youngest.

Quoting OakesMama:

I feel you are officially homeschooling as soon as you start, regaurdless of the starts homeschool start age. 6 is cool, in Washington and Idaho it is 8, you kind of feel like your being laughed at when you say your homescholing your 5 year old around here. I hate snarky comments.

Quoting myownparadise:

Whenever I go out into public during regular school hours, and people ask me why my girls are not in school. Some people are snarky and rude about it, but others assume it is another school break. The worst part of it is that my oldest will be 5 in about a week. She is the size of a 7-8 year old. My youngest is 3 and really tall for her age also. We aren't officially in homeschooling yet because you have to be 6 in GA before you can officially start. We do, however, do learning activities and treat it as though we are in school.

oredeb
by debbie on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

besides the pencil problem , worse than the sock problem here ! i dont like running out of copy paper for the printer or ink!~

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I keep a jar filled with erasers. It has pencil tops erasers & the big pink ones too :) we never have erasers on our pencils & it bugs me to no end.

Our mechanical pencils never have lead and sharpeners are always lost.

Quoting SuperMommy408:

This is our problem. We have plenty of pencils but no erasers on them. I have bought the erasers to put on them and they disappear every time!!

Quoting mem82:

All of our pencils have missing erasers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)