Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

im really feeling like unschooling is for us

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM
  • 2 Replies
Ds is almost four and wants to go to preschool I've thought about it and talked to my mom and I'm going to put him in preschool but I think after that I want to homeschool/unschool.
I'm not sure where educationally he should be but he can count to 20 with a little help, can do his ABC's with some help, knows his numbers, knows his letters and can do colors for the most part. I try and make the things he likes to do into a learning experience. Any input on what I should be doing to help him learn better would be great.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved my daughter's 2 day preschool this year, and if I had the money, I'd put her in for 4 days next year and just do a little kindergarten at home with her sometimes.    It's a very fun and loving preschool and they teach them well.   My daughter ADORES it.   She's a younger 5, so she would fit socially with the kids there...  :(  But it would be $300 monthly.   More than our one-income family can afford.

Anyway, do what he's interested in and plant things around the house that would stir up his learning.    That's what most unschooling moms tell me they do.   

I teach mine a mix of structure and a mix of unschooling.   They seem to respond well to the blended approach.   They like doing a variety of stuff in different ways.

romacox
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this

The following article explains the different methods used by home educators.  It includes unschooling. 

How To Home School

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN