Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

28 more days in public school!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this
Can you tell how excited I am to start homeschooling? :) I teach in ps and am retiring in May . Last week I administered my last high stakes test ever! Woohoo!
My son is finishing up K in ps.

You know what's funny? The number of people who ask me what preschool I'm sending my 3 year old to this fall so he can be......wait for it.....socialized! LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Oh I am so happy for you. Don't forget to use this summer to help you deschool your teacher mind to be opened to see all the ways learning happens in day to day life. Another deschooling link

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Thanks! That's a good idea.
The other day D was sitting with his crayons, spelling out the color words. I heard him say, "So THAT'S how you spell yellow!" It was totally unprompted by me, just him wanting to learn. :)

Quoting usmom3:

Oh I am so happy for you. Don't forget to use this summer to help you deschool your teacher mind to be opened to see all the ways learning happens in day to day life. Another deschooling link

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CJsMommy040506
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 11:21 PM
That's great! Mine have 25 days left of PS. I'm so ready for it to be over because of my son's behavior at school.
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Apr. 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM

We still have I think 48 days.  We get out June 28 this year, it's so ridiculous because of all our snow days!  I can't wait though, I am praying everything works out the way we need it to so we can ALL get out of the school system!  (I'm a para and was working on my MEd, but I've stopped...I can't teach in ps).

LadeeBellaDonna
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM

That's awesome!! We've got about 35 or so days left... I have to look at my calendar to see when we actually get out of PS. I'm so excited and looking forward to HS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)