Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Won the homeschool lottery!

Posted by   + Show Post
We signed up for public school online so that I could get my girls out of regular public school (for soooo many reasons). Well there are apparently tons of other people doing the same thing so it went to a lottery situation & we won! I finally got all of their information in yesterday so now I feel so much better! The girls can't wait & neither can I. If this doesn't work out then I'll try homeschooling on a curriculum I pick. So stinkin' excited! Any advice on how to mentally prepare myself for them being here all the time? I'm sure that can't be super easy no matter how much you love your kids....
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Replies (11-13):
Maridel
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like me. I have an 8 month old that never seems to sleep and is always overtired and crying. I've had moments where i snap from his crying and yell and scream at everyone. 

OP- You will adjust to having them all the time. Just make sure you get a break now and then, even if its while they sleep. Do something for you. I've heard great things about Virtual School type school. But remember its not your only option if you feel you could make school more creative, fun, or less stressful for your kids.

Quoting KrissyKC:

I think those E schools keep us home more, but one suggestion is to get some laptops and you can school in motels on vacation, school at mcd's while any younger ones play, etc...

You will find your outlets... yours and theirs.   But yes, there are days I crack and wish for a day or two here or there when they were in school instead of all over me!!!  LOL!   It's really hardest, though, when the baby starts his yelling and I'm trying to get all three kids doing a science project or messy craft or something.  

I have a severe noise anxiety and when he screams, I've actually had to walk away and stick my head in a pillow and count to ten...  He's just being a baby... but people with noise anxiety can have panic attacks and such with certain noises.    I have several social, emotional, and mental issues...  if I can homeschool.. I'm pretty much sure that anyone can.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this

My kids take a daily nap from 12 to 230.  Even my 7 and 6 year olds.  I let them take a book upstairs and they read or fall asleep and I have a magical break to breath.  Plus most of the time this helps them not fight as much.  You can do it.

k.vickery26
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting debramommyof4:

My kids take a daily nap from 12 to 230.  Even my 7 and 6 year olds.  I let them take a book upstairs and they read or fall asleep and I have a magical break to breath.  Plus most of the time this helps them not fight as much.  You can do it.

I love this idea! Thank you :) Definitely doing this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)