Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is the best gift for homeschooling you have ever received?

Posted by   + Show Post

My aunt in law (lol) gave my kids a microscope with a tv screen so they can all see what is going on.

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM
laminator.
books.
leapfrog stuff.
kindle.
:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM

another favorite gift we got our first year of homeschooling, was lots of pencils, erasers, notebook paper, folders, glue, crayons and from that year on we got the samething every year till we were done homeschooling, great gift!!!

coala
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM

My MIL is always looking for stuff that will help the kids in the future.  They get workbooks and puzzles.  What I REALLY need for this summer and fall will be a globe that isn't falling apart (this is the one from my childhood that has the USSR on it...LOL).  I thought it might be worth something someday.  I will let both my mom and my MIL know we need this and maybe we will end up with one.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM

My husband bought me a talking globe that tells the kids populations and shows constilations.  Best gift he ever bought me, atleast to me.  He has given me things like jewelry but I was in heavon with that globe.

amandae21
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:17 PM

None so far but I sure wish someone would gift me a really nice microscope!

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM

It wasn't really a gift, but 2 of my friends gave me all the craft stuff that they have accumulated over the years that there kids didn't use any more because they grew up.

blueyedbaker
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I've ever received anything as a gift for home schooling. Family and friends accept that we home school (which it wouldn't matter if they didn't) but I don't think they feel that they have to give us anything. It would be like me giving them something for their public schooled kids. Wouldn't make sense. 

SarahNElijah
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM
My parents give the kids classes for bdays/Christmas, which is awesome! :D I know we couldn't do nearly as many activities without their help! They also usually give us a family gift of a museum or zoo membership for the year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MacMamaof5
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Between friends and family (and sometimes complete strangers), I have complete curriculum up to 4th grade and some stuff to keep me going from 5th and up.  It seems every time I look in a catalogue and say, God I wish I could see that...I end up with it!  JEsus must be watching and agreeing with our homeschool policy...lol!  I once wanted to sample the Sonlight curriculum but realized how pricey it was and then a lady from church just came up to me and asked if I'd like to go thru her stuff she wanted to give away.  There was the curriculum and most the books to go with it.  I found the rest of the books very cheap from amazon.com or the library or local thrift shops. 

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM

A ton of pencils, pens, notebooks, binders, composition books, and school books. A friend of my husband's gave them to us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)