Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Her 18 year old is not graduating because "I" homeschool...

Posted by   + Show Post

That's what I was just told by my two oldest kids. Their friend, 18, and a senior, has spent the last few years selling weed and failing school, even summer school, and now he will not graduate. His mom told him that he's not "allowed" to hang out with my kids anymore because we homeschool and "have no academic priorities". I have never met this women, though I do know that both of her kids are a freaking mess (the other is about to get kicked out of her first year of college-we don't know her, but I guess that's our fault as well). Her son, if nothing else, has created issues for MY school by showing up constantly at 10am when public school is out-and ours is NOT, and by bringing pot into my home.

My kids, BTW, have to take state testing, and just scored in the 97% and 99%. They are all a grade level ahead, involved in sports and community activities, have part time jobs, and are rarely ever even at home. I have no issue with MY KIDS education, nor does our review system, and no one is near failing, let alone not graduating.

Just a vent. I am amazed at the lack of responsibility parents take, and expect from their own kids. As long as it's someone elses fault, how does one expect things to change???

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Replies (11-13):
lucsch
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:43 AM

With a mother like her, no wonder her kids are failing! Some people lack even an ounce of common sense, and she is one of them!

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Just another reason to homeschool, to keep your kids out of that mess.  I'm sure that's a little harder as they get older and make their own friends though. 

I'd be glad she doesn't want her kid around you, I wouldn't want my kids around them either.

romacox
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I understand, go ahead and vent.  We are here for you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)