Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

praying mantises update another update again

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM
  • 18 Replies

i just bought a aqurium and two praying mantis pods for a science praject. im so excited as well as my kids are too. we are gonna keep a few as pets and give away a few houndred to some gardiners but i know my kids will love watching them grow up and hatching anybody else get this excited about bugs lol 

I am absolutly pissed off right now its been a week past the time i was sopposed to get them and they have yet to even ship them out to my house. i have contacted the seller to see what is up but still no stinking response this is the second time this has happined to me ill let yo guys know if i ever get them 

So i got a letter from the seller saying he had sent it out but it had gotten lost in transit and he has no more praying mantises so im gonna buy butterflys instead for the profect and i will try again next year :( but when i get them i will continue with posting pictures of the growth and everything like that 

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by debbie on Apr. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

that sounds fun tinker!! what about showing us pictures as they grow?

tinkerspell
by Kera on Apr. 16, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I never even thought that brings some ideas i will post as they come im waiting for the pods fom the mail and i will post as the hatch and grow I always wanted to do this even when i didnt have kids lol  

Quoting oredeb:

that sounds fun tinker!! what about showing us pictures as they grow?

JTE11
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Oh that's right up my alley, I love bugs and so does DD. I might do this as a preschool project for her...great idea!

Maridel
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM

cool! we just got some crickets yesterday! and I was planning on getting a caterpillar for them as well. We love bugs too! lol

luvemboth
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:08 PM
How exciting! We did the butterfly garden last yr and everyone loved it. We're going to do ladybug larvae this yr. Praying mantises sound fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Very cool!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Thats awesome.

tinkerspell
by Kera on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:58 PM

gotta do it soon they are only availale for a certian time not all year round and i think the end of april is the deadline 

Quoting JTE11:

Oh that's right up my alley, I love bugs and so does DD. I might do this as a preschool project for her...great idea!

JTE11
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM

OK that's helpful to know, thanks! I was originally thinking about  butterflies or moths but I think mantises would be much more cool.

Quoting tinkerspell:

gotta do it soon they are only availale for a certian time not all year round and i think the end of april is the deadline 

Quoting JTE11:

Maridel
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Where can we order?

Quoting tinkerspell:

Quoting JTE11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)