Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Any Christian Liberty users?? Have questions.

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM
  • 13 Replies
I was wondering if any one has used Christian Liberty curriculum. I read some reviews online, was just wondering what anyone on here thought of it? I'm considering it or parts of it and then keeping Abeka for some subject. We have only ever used Abeka. Thanks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I don't but here is a bump 8)

tnt-manda
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Thanks.

Quoting mem82:

I don't but here is a bump 8)

CaitsCookies
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I've not heard of Christian Liberty. Is their science more science-based than A Beka? I used to teach at a Christian school that used A Beka and got to see the elementary science, which said that humans aren't mammals because we have souls. I'd never realized before that, that the presence or absence of a soul was part of the definition for "mammal." Surprised me a bit.
BramblePatch
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I have used preschool and 1st and parts of K. It got the job done but was pretty dry.
KarynT
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:26 AM

I have been using their math program this year for my 2nd grader and lly like it. It has been great for him.

oredeb
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM

i think chritian liberty is the best! i use bits and pieces of it

Kat0038
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I started the year using it but found it dry, hard to follow, and my daughter became bored with it. It just didn't work for us. 

lucsch
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I have used several parts of it but not all. I have used some of the history books, science and spelling. I think they are excellent. I love the Nature readers and Building Spelling skills. We use Heart of Dakota, which uses some of the history books. I really like the spelling for my dd. It isn't flashy, but it teaches spelling rules and the words, at grade level,  do offer some challenge here and there for my natural speller.

lucsch
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:47 PM

They both are young earth, creation-based science.

I don't find the example you gave unsciency at all. Though humans do qualify as mammals in most ways, we are a level above all animals, if you believe the account in the Bible. If you don't, well, I would suggest not using a Christian curriculum.

Quoting CaitsCookies:

I've not heard of Christian Liberty. Is their science more science-based than A Beka? I used to teach at a Christian school that used A Beka and got to see the elementary science, which said that humans aren't mammals because we have souls. I'd never realized before that, that the presence or absence of a soul was part of the definition for "mammal." Surprised me a bit.

tnt-manda
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Thanks. This is helpfull
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)