Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

My kids LOVE the electric worker who came by...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm not myself today... a little scatterbrained and down in the dumps.   I actually slept in til almost 10 and let the kids watch TV.   LOL!

Anyway, upon waking and getting moving, I felt guilty about letting the kids be so lazy (11, almost 9, 5, and 10 months)...  but I'm still not feeling up to par to be a very involved teacher.   ..

So, we did chores and then lunch with the agreement they would do 3 hours of time4learning.com.   They sit down and did a little over an hour when the electric guy came by to work on the power in the backyard for some reason.   He said it would be shut down for a while.. (30 minutes at least)...

So... after cleaning up and getting ready to go outside, they got to go play (in the front away from the worker and lines)...

They were chanting how much they loved the electric man... LOL!   Then.. about 5 minutes after they went out.. the guy was done and gone.    I don't have the heart to bring them back inside!!

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Hahaha, letting them play outside can be educational too!

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Lol :)
That is too funny. I wouldn't have the heart to bring them in either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leighp1
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 5:49 AM
2 moms liked this

What's not educational about that?  They just learned that electricity can shut down a school!!  LOL

Hope you feel better. 

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I want to know how you got a 10 month old to sleep until 10 am. Jealous.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:20 PM
he was up four times in the middle of the night and finally went back to sleep after 7 sometime.
Quoting AutymsMommy:

I want to know how you got a 10 month old to sleep until 10 am. Jealous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN