Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Pen pals

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this
Pen pals
I'm curious if anyone has has any success with a pen pal service. I'm designing a writing program for my son next year.
If so can you share your tips and tricks? Did you use a snail mail or email service. Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucsch
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter has had one I found on another CM homeschooling group, but their coorespondence is sporatic. They use regular mail. I think she'd have more luck writing to my mom, her grandmother.

Bookoholic
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:58 AM
We're not there yet, but I myself growing up used snail mail even though I had email. I am 24 I had my first email at 8/9yrs old. I still have that email.
leighp1
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd has a penpal from CM and they do send stuff every once in a while.  They text a lot now though.  Seems to be that is the way to go now a days.

LadeeBellaDonna
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I thought of getting together a penpal for my girls to help with their writing and using regular mail... I thought it would be a great way for them to practice the proper way of addressing a letter. I remember learing that when I was little and I'm noticing alot more that it's actually an important part of letter writing.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM
We were set up with another family in the group for pen pals in the fall and we never heard from them...
QueenCreole313
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Ok so Im going to throw it out there, my son is 10. Does anyone have a boy around similar age who may want to become a pen pal?

Momof697
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I have a boy technically I have 2 boys one 12 and one 10. PM me and we can set it up.

Quoting QueenCreole313:

Ok so Im going to throw it out there, my son is 10. Does anyone have a boy around similar age who may want to become a pen pal?

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Everytime we try to do pen pals, they send one thing between the two and then we never hear from them again.  I've not given up the idea, but my daughter doesn't look forward to it anymore.

krazymama4
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:01 PM
i have 2 boys that i would like to have pen pals for one is 9 and other is 11 they have snail mail email or text messages
LadeeBellaDonna
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:13 PM

My girls are 12 and 9 and would love to have a penpal... I told them about the idea and they were excited about it! Would anyone want to set it up with us?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)