Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
My son is 9 and in the third grade public school I want this to be his last year I know he is learning and I am afraid to home school afraid I dont know enough but I am done with the school system. I also have twin 3 year old daughters that will be four this September that I want to include in school we are in Idaho right now and want to keep it our base state after reading the homeschooling rules for different states. We plan to travel starting this September for a year are two we want to show our kids the USA and maybe other parts of the world as well (money will depend on how much out of the states travel we will do) I want a good curriculum and one that is easy for me to understand something that allows for a lot of exploring since that will be our primary goal
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Replies (11-12):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I would do something easy for the girls, like ABC mouse or time4learning.com...   plus add in some writing practice and other motor skills (fine and gross, you can search them online to find suggestions).   Plus, I'd do lots of reading with them and just let them be included on what they want with the things you do with your son.   They will learn a TON doing this stuff with your travelling you want to do.

The son?   If he were mine, I'd be looking at switching him to Math U See, Rod & Staff english, and then do lap booking for various science and social studies subjects.   I, personally, am also teaching mine some typing and handwriting because I think they need these skills.   Anything else, being new, I would add in slowly.   At the ages my kids are, I would be doing a TON of reading... all the time.  

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

OH, yeah, those are just my thoughts and what I would do based on the things I've learned in the past three years of homeschooling.

everyone is different and each child is different. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN