Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

State Testing Tomorrow (update 1)

Mon-Wednesday I take Sierra to go do her OAA testing. I have to take Wyatt with me. I tried to get a sitter but I think that's fallen through. The girl never got back with me. So I guess I'm stuck entertaining a toddler for a few hrs at this thing. Not looking forward to that.

I'm not worried about Sierra doing well on the test. I know she's very smart and has learned a lot this year. The only subject she's really struggled with is Science. I hate K12's science program. She doesn't even have a book. It's all online and not much detail.

Anyway, not much point besides saying...we're doing testing. lol

Has your kids done end of year testing yet?

If you don't do end of year testing, are you doing anything else interesting?

Monday Update:

Well we are back. It's been a long day... We arrived around 12:30 and I stayed there with her till they called all the students back to test. I knew Wyatt would not be quiet and that was their only stipulation for taking other kids. Thankfully they allowed us to leave while they tested as long as I left my phone number.

So Wyatt and I went to get some lunch and then I went to the park with him. We stayed until 2:15. I thought she'd be done around that time which is why we went back. But they didn't allow them to leave until 3:10. While we waited Wyatt was a bit of a pain, but otherwise was ok. One girl objected to getting hugged constantly by Wyatt.

We are an affectionate family. We kiss, hug, and say I love you all the time. Wyatt hasn't learned that strangers are not apart of the family and shouldn't be hugged anytime he feels like it. Most of the time people don't care. But I'm always afraid of that one person who will object to it.

After her testing (subject was reading today), I took Sierra to the YMCA so she could swim for a bit. I figured she deserved a little treat.

Btw, someone asked about swimming at the hotel pool. I don't think they will allow that. Besides DS doesn't swim well and I certainly couldn't keep him in the pool for 3 hrs.

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Replies (11-15):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Good luck to her!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

The hotel might have an indoor pool.   Does your toddler like to swim with you??   They might allow you to use that.

1Redapple
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I'm in California our test is called STAR9 testing.  It is the last week of April.  My dd did K12.com for 4 years, but her math has not improved and she struggles.  At this point in the year all I really make sure she does is Math.  She reads a lot on her own. 

1Redapple
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Children learn so differently, it's great to read about you tailoring to you child depending on them and how they learn.

Quoting debramommyof4:

We are testing sometime in May with thier k12 teacher.  This will be dd7's last year with k12.  She wants a more hands on curriculum and she is not getting that with them.  She loves science but hates thiers, history is like pulling teeth and she is starting to hate math.  We will be moving on with her to a charter homeschool that allows tons more freedom for her. 

But dd6 is loving k12 so we will stick with it and see how next year goes.  She loves the history and science, plus I am going to use my older dd's science and history to add in more info through books and fun.

SalemWitchChild
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:54 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN