Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is your homeschool's name?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have been trying to think of a name for us and I can't think of ANYTHING I like lol. Right now I'm stuck on Epic Elementary or Epic Academy but looking for something else...
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
superwoman0105
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:16 AM

LeBlanc Family Christian School is ours

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Ours is also Last Name Academy, but now that she's considering homeschooling through graduation, it may need to become something a little less...lame.

mommy2kaelynn
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Ours is in honor of a very famous family member, who is known as the father of West Pointe. So we used his first name and Academy as our school name

jeweldragons
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Galaxy Explorers Academy.  Mascot: Falcon.  Motto: Knowledge is the gateway to the world.

Rhondaspeaks
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I named ours by the last name too, 'Howard's Homeschool'... been thinking of naming it something else though that sounds more ' Scholarly' .  :)confused

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I have been thinking of a name, too.   We don't NEED one, but it sounds like fun.   We are also considering a mascot, vision statement, motto, etc..

So far I've just been using "McCuen Family Homeschool" on my logs and stuff, but I don't know if we want to explore something more creative or stick with something basic.

The kids suggested we use our dog (Shiloh, part german shepherd/part husky) for our mascot, but I'm thinking about something that will last all the kids.   The dog is already 5 yrs old, and I just had a baby this year.   I'd hate to have Shiloh kick the bucket while one or more of the kids is still young.   But I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking it.

They all love manta rays and I thought of being the McCuen Manta's... LOL!

coala
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Quoting KrissyKC:

I have been thinking of a name, too.   We don't NEED one, but it sounds like fun.   We are also considering a mascot, vision statement, motto, etc..

So far I've just been using "McCuen Family Homeschool" on my logs and stuff, but I don't know if we want to explore something more creative or stick with something basic.

The kids suggested we use our dog (Shiloh, part german shepherd/part husky) for our mascot, but I'm thinking about something that will last all the kids.   The dog is already 5 yrs old, and I just had a baby this year.   I'd hate to have Shiloh kick the bucket while one or more of the kids is still young.   But I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking it.

That is really cute for your mascot. 

We haven't thought much about this, but we need to.  The state we will be moving to require that you "register" your HS with a name.  We will have to put our thinking caps on.  LOL

BrittO2
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Quoting KrissyKC:

We're using our dog as our mascot, she's an olde english bulldogge. 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM

We are not required to have a name, but we made one up anyway. We are CMHS - Celtic Moon Home School

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

MOMOFLOTS12
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:55 AM

THOMAS LEE CLARK ACADEMY...IT IS AFTER MY LATE GRANDFATHER

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)